Bonnie Livingston Smith Email

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi All I had the following email from a contact I found on the Internet. Here is the following email....can we help her? .................................. Most of the information I have on Duncan Livingston comes from an autobiography written by my grandfather, John Livingston.
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry, I will check my information from the 1871 and 1881 Census records for Inverness County and see if I can find this Duncan. I will also mention this to Jim St. Clair of Cape Breton. Hope I can be of some help in this quest for a lost Livingston ancestor.
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

Donald, Well Done! N
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi Donald That is great information. Remember that this is one of the families I have some questions about to as far as my ancestors go. I've been doing some more digging, trying to find a relation to the two families....mine and Whycocomagh. Note in the 1881 census there is a mention of a John Livingston in the household. Then he is gone in 1891. The age of that John matches my great grandfather's brother John who showed up on pei in 1891. I wonder if Alex was John's uncle and he was living with them. It is interesting that in the 1891 census, when he shows up on PEI, his occupation is listed as a stone cutter. Believe me there is no need for stone cutters on PEI.....only sedimentary rocks her on PEI, except for a little gravel. I keep going back to the Alexander in Whycocomagh. Alexander's birthdate lines up with colin's on the Mull Isle website search, and the John Livingstone family. Wouldn't it be a coincidence if this was related. I know Dr. St. Clair somewhat discounted this but it all fits. Barry
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi Donald I sent your response to Bonnie. I had invited her to participate in this forum, the first time I contacted her. I hope she participates. She said she viewed the site and thought it is a great place to help in her research. Barry
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald; I found John Liviston b/c April 10, 1785. father:
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi All I have more information from Bonnie. She sent me her grandparents Marriage certificate and this post.... >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Barry, This is the wedding certificate of my grandmother & grandfather.
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

It said all four GGrandparents were born in Cape Breton. Barry
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Barry and Roberta, Sorry one mistake. Alexander Livingstone was born in Scotland, Mull apparently, not Nova Scotia. Sorry about that. It was late last night when I dug out out my Atlantic Canada Livingstone file. My brain was working at half speed.
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Roberta, Interestingly enough my Livingstons have a Kilarrow Parish connection. My Livingston ancestor Miles Livingston was married on June 20,1812 at Bowmore in Kilarrow Parish on the Isle of Islay, though his minister there stated Miles and his bride were natives of Morven near the Baron's Isle of Lismore. Oddly enough this Bowmore Presbyterian minister was a stickler about detail and also noted that Miles and his wife boarded the Staffa to America. The Staffa as it turns out was the boat in June of 1812 that Lord Selkirk had pick up settlers from the highlands on the way to Hudson Bay vessel at Sligo Ireland which awaited to take this group of selkirk settlers in the Summer of 1812 to British North America on their way to the Red River Colony of Lord Selkirk. Interesting that you found information of Livingstons connected to Kilarrow Parish. Miles and other Livingstons were residing at Kilarrow and Kilmeny Parishes prior to 1812 but Red River settlement records indicate that the other Livingstons like Miles originated from Movern though they lived for a time at Kilarrow and Kilmeny Parishes on the Isle of Islay apparently in the early 1800's before setttling what was then British North America. regards, Donald