1806 Book on PEI

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Jewel Brown1

1806 Book on PEI

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello,
Canadian Livingstone

1806 Book on PEI

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi All, Looks like we have the makings of yet another Livingston research file to be marked: Massachusetts Livingstones. Does anyone mind if I start up a new forum posting Massacusetts Livingstones for future easy access to those interested in Massachusetts Livingstones? I will meet you at Massachusetts posting. regards, Donald
Jewel Brown1

1806 Book on PEI

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello Donald, If you would like me to re-post my info from the 1860 census for Livingston's in Mass. I will gladly do it. I don't want to confuse people. Jewel
Roberta Ann

1806 Book on PEI

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald; Sure a Massachusetts Livingston/e file is perfectly appropiate; in my opinion.
Roberta Ann

1806 Book on PEI

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Barry; Looks like John Livingstons, d. 1869; wife Margaret (MacLeod) Livingston was living with her son Donald age 27 and John age 29 on Lot 64 in the 1881 census.
Canadian Livingstone

1806 Book on PEI

Hi Roberta, Thanks for taking on research on John Livingston and his wife Margaret McLeod of Lot 64. I have them down on my list of PEI Livingstone pioneers and you never know when someone with family connections to John and Margaret may arrive at the forum doing their own ancestral research. All of this helps to identify the original pioneer Livingstons in Canada, your John Livingston circa 1806 being one. regards, Donald
Barry Judson

1806 Book on PEI

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi Roberta Yes John L. was my great grandfather Angus' brother. He also had another brother John, who is in the 1891 census living in Wood Islands, and a sister Mary, married to John Martin of Dundas.
Canadian Livingstone

1806 Book on PEI

HI Roberta, I think this family lived in Lot 64 and later in Lot 62 or something like that. John and Margaret then were buried in Lot 62. Lot of detailed information you have found on them. regards, Donald
Jewel Brown1

1806 Book on PEI

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello Roberta,
Barry Judson

1806 Book on PEI

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi Jewel I know that the lot 55 John (and Margaret)is my great grandfather's brother from Forest Hill just north of Dundas and Upton. John had two daughters I know the whereabouts of. One married a Benjamin Davies and her name was Mary. She lived on the home place in Forest Hill all her life. Vernon was her son, a bachelor and I still recall going to his farm as a boy and picking blueberries. Mary had a sister, Katie, married to John Burhoe of Mt. Hope, in the community where I was raised. Katie lived right across the road from us. Their father John (Margaret) was a son of my Great Great Grandfather Colin. They also had a son who died at the age of 31, and he was their only male child, buried at the Dundas United Church along with his Father, the John we are referring to....both on the same headstone. I don't know where the rest of their descendents are, but I'm still working on it. I have always suspected a connection to other Livingstons on PEI, but that would mean their is also a connection to Cape Breton for the lot 65 Livingston's too. I can get copies of the deeds where the land in Forest Hill transferred to my GGrandfather Angus, and then a few years later transferred to John and his family. FYI....I have the autobiography of Bonnie Smith's grandfather John. I have to type it up the first of the week. I think only the first part is relevent, but I will type what I have. Barry