Massachusetts Livingstones

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi All, In case you dropped by out of the blue we have in the course of researching PEI Livingstones that settled in Kings County PEI in the early 1800's discovered a Massachussetts family connection among one of the pioneer families in PEI. Here we continue our discussion on the Massachussetts Livingstones that began in a PEI Livingstone posting. If any of you out there have Massachusetts Livingstone origins or related information please contact us and share your genealogy and information with the Maclea Livingstone Society. We would greatly appreciate your input. regards, Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi There is a pilot project at FamilySearch.org that is very helpful. You can search for Livingston's in USA and query on born in Canada, living in Massachusetts and other areas of the US. It can include other areas of the world too. I think it will be a nice tool for the Massachusetts angle. http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... html#start My Great Great Grandfather Colin had a daughter, who in 1891 was living in the USA....I may be able to get some possibilities for her location. Barry Barry
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

I'm looking at the U.S. Census for Massachusetts for any Livingston's that were born Scotland or Canada which might be of help to someone along the way. 1850 U.S. Census Salem,Essex,Mass. Malcolm Livingston age 35 b. Mass. Sarah A.
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Jewel; Can you check: John Edward Livingstone married to Catherine May Robertson.
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hi Roberta, The only thing I found so far is in the 1920 U.S. Census for Worcester Mass. 4th ward. John Livingston age 45 b. Canada
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Jewel; Ok that is John D. Livingston age 6 in the 1881 census on Lot 64. He married Catherine Robertson and all their children were born in Massachusetts. Thanks; Roberta
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Took a second look of this family in the 1920 census and was able to see the ages of the last 3 children listed. John W.
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

What town was listed in the 1850 Massachusetts Census for Malcolm his Sarah, son John and daughter Sarah? Malcolm is listed as born in the U.S in this census record? regards, Donald
Jewel Brown1

Post by Jewel Brown1 »

Hello Donald, In the 1850 U.S. Census for the family of Malcolm and wife Sarah A. Livingston with 2 children Sarah A. age 2 and John