Expedition Africa: Stanley in Search of Livingston on History Channel Sunday Night

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Canadian Livingstone

Expedition Africa: Stanley in Search of Livingston on History Channel Sunday Night

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

For those of us with an interest in Dr. David Livingston there is an 8 episode series that started May 31st on the History Channel in the U.S and Canada Sunday night. Expedition Africa follows the adventures of four modern explorers who are attempting to trace the route taken by Stanley in his search for Dr. David Livingston. Sunday at 10 PM or 9PM central time for those who have access to the History Channel. Unfortunately I missed the first episode. It may be available from the History Channel on DVD in the future for those who dont have a chance to see the series hopefully. regards, Donald
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Thanks Donald!
Barry Judson

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi All Anyone that has high speed internet can watch it here. http://www.history.com/expedition/episode-1/ Barry
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Barry, Thanks for that. Looking forward to watching the program. Not so long ago I picked up a used copy of RJ Campbell's biography of Dr. David Livingstone and I have an old copy of Livingstone's account of his African experiences published in the 1850's and from 1874 Stanley's own book on Dr. Livingstone. This tv series will motivate me to read the chapters on Livingstone in Africa. My main focus has been his earlier life and his family history and not so much on his missionary and exploration efforts. Certainly I should take the time to better familiarise myself with his later life. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Sorry to say I could not find this program on the History Channel sunday night at 10:00 PM. I must check out the History Channel for more information. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Ok Episode 2 is on Friday June 12 at 10:00 PM according to the History Channel or if you prefer Tuesday June 9th at 2:00 AM regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

I regret to say I do not seem to be able to locate this program on our History Channel. I checked our local channel guide and could not find it. I guess I will have to get in touch with someone and figure out why I cant get this series which I quite looking forward to. It will be available on DVD by the fall I think. regards, Donald
edith

Post by edith »

Hi, Donald, I watched it online via the link Barry gave us on June 4. Edith
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Edith, Thats great. I did also. Looks like an interesting series if I ever can find it on my history channel. I would suggest people check their local program listings if they get the History Channel and if they cant find it contact the history channel if all else fails. Perhaps it is only available for viewing online but that would seem odd. It is coming out on DVD in the fall. regards, Donald