Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Sorry. Forget what I just said. Adam was born in 1778 married Mary Mccorquodale and is not a Baron Duncan Livingstone but a son of the next Baron, Baron John Livingstone and that explains why some of his children are listed as being baptised at Bachiul where the Barons of Bachuil and their families lived. So in a nutshell this particular Adam baptised in 1778 is the son of Baron John Livingston. Those Lismore Birth records should state that they are Baptismal records on the Maclea Livingstone Web page. They are christening from the old parish books. So we have two Adams from the Isle of Lismore records one baptised in 1778 one in 1828 and both sons of Bachuil Barons. So is there any chance that Leslie's ancestor Adam Livingston has a Lismore connection and furthermore is a Bachuil Livingstone. This is where I am leading you with all this nonsense. Something to consider at this point given what Leslie earlier stated regarding Lismore. regards, DOnald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Leslie, Are you entirely certain that the Adam Livingstone who requested poor relief and stated his birthplace as Lismore is the same Adam Livingstone that born or baptised in the 1789 a child of John Livingstone and Bridget Holmes of Inveraray Parish. He could be one a Lismore Adam Livingstone. There were apparently a few there to be certain, but if your Adam was born in the 1770's in Inveraray to this John Livingstone then he could not
margaret

Post by margaret »

Hi Donald, It was Alexander who applied for poor relief in Paisley - his brother was Adam.
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Leslie, Ok so Alexander applied for poor relief in Paisley and stated he was from Lismore. He had a brother named Adam? Is this the Alexander that was born in the 1780's nail maker that went on poor Relief in Paisley? Do I have that right? regards, Donald
margaret

Post by margaret »

Yes.
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Lesley, Perhaps his family was meaning his father John. The reason I say this is because Inveraray Parish is quite far east in Argyllshire County from Lismore so it is almost certain that if not Alexander his family originated from some place in Western Argyllshire such as Lismore rather than on the eastern edges of Argyllshire. I am fairly certain of that. With alot of the Livingston families one has to take into account that the family may have moved from an origin point in centuries previous to another parish within Argyllshire. Baron Niall Livingstone has done quite a bit of research on the origins of clan in Western Argyll and where the Macleas/Maconleas (our old name) were located in more ancient times in Western Argyllshire. I could only find two Alexanders in the Lismore Christenings. Both were interestingly related to the Barons of Bachuil. You had an Alexander Livingston baptised 1775 son of Baron John (Maconlea) Livingstone The other was an Alexander baptised in 1821 who was a son of Adam Livingstone and Mary Mccorquodale. This Alexander would have grandson of Baron John Livingstone. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Lesley, Perhaps his family was meaning his father John. The reason I say this is because Inveraray Parish is quite far east in Argyllshire County from Lismore so it is almost certain that if not Alexander his family originated from some place in Western Argyllshire such as Lismore rather than on the eastern edges of Argyllshire. I am fairly certain of that. With alot of the Livingston families one has to take into account that the family may have moved from an origin point in centuries previous to another parish within Argyllshire. Baron Niall Livingstone has done quite a bit of research on the origins of clan in Western Argyll and where the Macleas/Maconleas (our old name) were located in more ancient times in Western Argyllshire. I could only find two Alexanders in the Lismore Christenings. Both were interestingly related to the Barons of Bachuil. You had an Alexander Livingston baptised 1775 son of Baron John (Maconlea) Livingstone The other was an Alexander baptised in 1821 who was a son of Adam Livingstone and Mary Mccorquodale. This Alexander would have grandson of Baron John Livingstone. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Leslie, Well that is a coincidence your husband is named Bachil. First time I have seen it as a first name. regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Leslie, If you could get a hold of the original document with Alexanders poor relief info that might be helpfull. Always worth taking a look at it for some important clues. regards Donald
margaret

Post by margaret »

Hi Donald, His surname is Bachell.