NEW Website

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Barry Judson

NEW Website

Post by Barry Judson »

Hi David On the old forum, I'm assuming it also has a backend that is a database, but I know some of them don't. Is there anyway to make the folder or/and dadabase on the webserver read-only, that prevents anyone from posting to the old forum. Also there should be a way to put a splash page up on the old forum url that notifies of the old forum and the new forum url, and that the old forum is being replaced. If you do a search online there is a bit of code that will do this. You just paste the code in a new page. Your web host should be able to help on this too. Barry
Bachuil

Old Forum data

Post by Bachuil »

What I intend doing is migrating the data from this forum which is held on an access database to the new mysql database as a read only archive. I should be able to do that quite easily.
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Canadian Livingstone

NEW Website

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hello Baron, My yahoo server tells me that it find the new site when type in the address given. I will try reaching it through google.com regards, Donald
Canadian Livingstone

NEW Website

Hello Baron, Ok I am in. Looks great. Thank-you for this. Like the new photo feature. I have an old photo of Miles Livingston's son Daniel and one of Dr. Livingstone's older brother John I could submit sometime. Everyone should get the hang of it and join us on the new site. I expect that clanlivingstone.info will draw a lot of Livingstones/Livingstons looking to get in touch with other Livingstons, learn about the clan and its activities and looking for help with their Livingston family research. regards,
Canadian Livingstone

NEW Website

Hi Barry, I have much of this info in the form of hard copy and in the back of my head but I rely on the easy access of past forum messages that we current have to quickly refresh my memory from time to time regarding the variety of topics. Also other Livingstons at the forum like to go back and discuss topics from months before with me. I would like to retain easy access to old forum messages with the new website format if at all possible. We are fortunate to have yet another Livingstone clan member with extensive computer knowledge. regards, DOnald