Lady Onlie, Honest Lucky!

A Read-only Archive of the old forum. Many useful messages and lots of family data!
Rob Livingston2

Post by Rob Livingston2 »

Here is a drinking song written by Robert Burns in 1787 Lady Onlie (Robert Burns) A' the lads o Thornie-bank,
Donald Livingstone Clink

Post by Donald Livingstone Clink »

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you Rob. Contacted a Livingstone here who claims decent from Donald Livingstone and Christy Campbell of Mull. Her ancestor settled in the same County and township here as Miles Livingston and she had some info on file regarding Miles. Her family was the third family group of Livingstons to settle I believe in Esquesing Township, Halton County, Ontario sometime in the 1850's or 1860's. The others settled by the 1820's. Its nice to be touch with a Livingstone that is close by. Another family of Livingstones, John and Malcolm Livingston from Bute were neighbours of Miles Livingston in the early 1800's in Esquesing Township, Halton County of our clan, but not family of Miles. Miles son John b.1818 married a daughter Joan Livingstone of this neighbour John Livingstone. I have not found any decendants of John and Malcolm here or in the States, but no doubt there out there somewhere. Miles and the Donald Livingston that he travelled with to Lord Selkirk's Red River Settlement in present day Manitoba, Canada, in 1812 from Bowmore, Isle of Islay were both as I have now found out, skilled boatbuilders by occupation.