Join the Clan Society!

Kyle MacLea

Join the Clan Society!

Post by Kyle MacLea »

The Clan MacLea (Livingstone) Society is now accepting memberships!

The primary purpose of the Clan Society is to promote pride in the Clan MacLea (Livingstone), to provide a connection to the Clan’s historical lands in Scotland, and to foster feelings of kinship and clan spirit amongst MacLeas and Livingstones throughout the world. In pursuit of this primary goal, the Society will support various secondary activities consistent with this purpose.

Full membership in the Clan Society is available to any eligible person aged eighteen years, upon receipt of the prescribed personal subscription. Typically, members would be descendants in any line from a Livingston, Livingstone or MacLea, or any spelling variant thereof, but friends of the Clan are also welcome as members.

What can I expect from my Society?

You can expect these benefits: 1. A feeling of having contributed to the cause of building up our Society at its very inception, when the numbers are smallest; 2. A newsletter, The Parnassus, approximately twice per year; 3. A chance to help represent the Clan at various Games and Festivals in your area; 4. This members Forum, including a private area just for members; 5. Access to the Members' genealogy database when it comes online; 6. Other benefits, including clan merchandise discounts, as we can put them together!

How much is it to join?

For a membership, which coincides with the calendar year (and so will be slightly shorter in 2010), the cost for an individual and their immediate family living in the same household is $25 (US). This is a bargain compared to many other Scottish Clan societies!

How do I join?

Glad you asked! We are accepting memberships using Paypal, a secure online ordering method, which allows you to pay by credit card, debit card, or a variety of other electronic methods. The website to subscribe is:

http://www.clanlivingstone.info/ClanSocietyJoin.htm

If you'd like to join, click the "subscribe" button. Under "subscribe to" write: Clan MacLea (Livingstone) Society. If you'd like to donate additional monies, please press the "donate" button. Additional donations will be very helpful, if you're able, and will allow us to further expand our recruiting, and get more clansmen and friends involved in this Society.

One note: If you are living in Australia or New Zealand, please email one of us below instead of using the payment button above.

Are there other payment methods?

Please contact us at one of the addresses below, and we may be able to make arrangements. However, our preferred method is Paypal, and other methods of payment may be very difficult for us to use due to fees, etc. We are a new, all-volunteer Society, with no reserve monies and no slush fund for converting transactions between various currencies and payment methods. We will try our best, but we may not be able to accommodate your wish.

What if I have questions?

You may contact me at any time by emailing commissioner -at- clanlivingstone -dot- com. I am at your service. Likewise the other officers: secretary@, treasurer@, historian@, games@, dna@, australia@, and the Chief: chief@.

We look forward to your participation, in 2010, our first year of accepting members as a global Society (the AU/NZ Society continues to accept membership for its members). For AU/NZ members, please email me and I will make sure your membership is properly processed.

Yours aye,
Kyle MacLea
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Kyle MacLea

Re: Join the Clan Society!

Post by Kyle MacLea »

The new Clan Society join page is live!

See: http://www.clanlivingstone.info/ClanSocietyJoin.htm

New features--automatic renewal at $25/year (US) -or- you can opt for multi-year discounts (5-8% off for 2-3 year renewals) -or- you can purchase a Life Membership for $250!

Please consider making your membership current today.

If you are a previous member, I'll be emailing you about continuing your membership.

Thank you in advance!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com