Spreading the word about the MacLea/Livingstone DNA Project

PUBLIC Forum for general discussion on the DNA Project. The DNA project includes both Highland and lowland Livingston/es as well as MacLeas and other related names. Please do NOT post private information to this Forum.
Kyle MacLea

Spreading the word about the MacLea/Livingstone DNA Project

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Dear Clansmen and DNA Project,

Andrew and I were chatting and were discussing the need for more people to help spread the word about our DNA project.

Would any of you be willing to do so? This could be a one-off thing, mentioning it on some mailing list that you are a part of, or it could be a regular thing, looking around on the net for places to advertise ourselves.

Any volunteers?

We often have discussions on the Clan Forum about this, in the Ancestral Search area usually, and with newcomers, this advertising is very important!

But there are a lot of other venues where it would be helpful to have the word get to interested folks. If you could do your part and help get the word out, we would appreciate it!

We have close to 200 men/families in our Project now. We've had some great successes--but we could have even more with your help!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
beadmom

Re: Spreading the word about the MacLea/Livingstone DNA Proj

Post by beadmom »

I can launch a Twitter campaign. I'm a tweet queen :D

Ginger
Kaye Saunders

Post by Kaye Saunders »

I've been offering to pay for an unknown male relative to be tested for about 5 years now and can't get a bite. As my Livingstone was female (Jessie) none of my immediate relatives are of any use, and we all know that Jessie's brother was Ginger's ancestor, so that covers them. The ones I've been trying were for a descendant of Jessie's cousins who she came out to NZ with - is it any use persisting?

Kaye
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

I like to have two independent people, relatively distant, tested in each line to be absolutely sure... but sometimes we don't have a choice. So, if you can convince someone, great! If you can't, I'd say you can feel pretty sure that Ginger's test defines your line pretty well.

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com