Advanced Marker Testing

PUBLIC Forum for general discussion on the DNA Project. The DNA project includes both Highland and lowland Livingston/es as well as MacLeas and other related names. Please do NOT post private information to this Forum.
Roberta Ann

Advanced Marker Testing

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hello clan members;

I have, today, ordered additional testing through FTDNA. I ordered DYF399X and DYS710. I hope that these markers will indentify a "structure" within my brothers', John Lloyd Livingstone, DNA cluster. Kyle called this "teasing apart these relationships".

The cost is a reasonable $39.00. I hope those people who are matches to 120317 will also order these tests.

Regards;

Roberta
Kyle MacLea

Re: Advanced Marker Testing

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Great, Roberta! Yes--when you have a closely related cluster, one or two markers different make it hard to tell whether two people within that cluster are "closer" than the others. With more, targeted, markers, telling the "distance" of relatedness within that cluster becomes possible. So, we're hoping this will help define "mini-clusters" within the larger cluster. We definitely encourage all others within that group, what we're currently calling the "Parker/Livi* Group," to upgrade by adding these markers. If anyone needs instructions, you can email me!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Advanced Marker Testing

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hello Commissioner McLea and Roberta,

Sounds like a good plan. I will check into that as Roberta's Livingstone family appears to be a relatively close match with my Livingston line at least within a specific highland McDunslea/Maclea group connection of some as yet undetermined time line.

regards,

Donald