Advice For Newbies?

PUBLIC Forum for general discussion on the DNA Project. The DNA project includes both Highland and lowland Livingston/es as well as MacLeas and other related names. Please do NOT post private information to this Forum.
Kyle MacLea

Re: Advice For Newbies?

Post by Kyle MacLea »

See my email, Ginger.

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

ACKKKKKK.. We are ORPHANS!????

HUmph....Then I'll just have to adopt you all.

You are all officially adopted. You will inherit my donkeys,goats, chickens and collection of daylilies. What more could a person want?

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

:D
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

OKay.... and my Emeril pan set too.

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

I think it is worth noting that right now, though there may be no matches, they may (and probably will) come in the future. We've seen this time and again in the Project. What at first looks hopeless becomes a great cluster of matches later on. Sometimes this is fast and sometimes slow, but we've got enough experience to say that we believe it will happen for you too! ;)

Kyle=

PS We'll take the pans, though.
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

I know.. but in the meantime I can adopt you all right?
I mean there are some donkeys and an Emeril pan set at stake here...

I am actually excited that the other side (unless I am translating this incorrectly) is that this is a new/different Livingston(e) line from Ballachulish previously unknown that could be a base for future matches ? This seems like a good thing.

It is what it is. Sometime down the line some pieces are going to fall in place for other people who will be excited that there is a match for them. Then I'll be excited as well.

I am a corporate troubleshooter and therefore I am not easily disappointed unless somebody dies and in this case....well... I see dead people everywhere!

I always feel kin to anyone I meet named Livingston(e) (and Waite and McCarter and Cook) and I guess now McLea and all it's variations.

Oh and I did notice in the family stuff for the DNA chart a Livingston group that is also a McCarter. The McCarter info I hit the gold mine on this week. I am hoping I don't find out that somewhere 5 generations back my grandfather and grandmother were blood related. Yikes...but again it is what it is.

and it's all fun!
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

5 generations back shouldn't worry you. it's one generation back you want to watch out for. ;)

I have matches for McCarters in my DNA cluster, actually. So maybe we are related after all!

Yes, indeed,your line will be a seed for comparing to future Ballachulish lines, and those people who can't trace their line at all will be mightily happy to find out you tested and you know where your line originated from!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
Andrew Lancaster

Post by Andrew Lancaster »

beadmom wrote:ACKKKKKK.. We are ORPHANS!????

HUmph....Then I'll just have to adopt you all.

You are all officially adopted. You will inherit my donkeys,goats, chickens and collection of daylilies. What more could a person want?

Ginger
:)

Ginger, just in case there is a hint of REAL disappointment, remember that this is exactly what most families in the project have had as their first experience.

Lately, we can proudly say that this is no longer what most experience, but the fact remains that the project is a "baby". Our grand children will look back on what we did and understand it better than us. We are on the cutting edge.

Best Regards
Andrew
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Funny you should say that. The reason I started this was because I have two Livingston grandchildren (not carrying the name but bloodline.) and if I don't do this now there will be nothing for them to go on. I am so lucky to have my grandfather and grandmother to supply information. Once they are gone this would have been next to impossible.

All my travels through Ireland looking for family made me realize I was looking in the wrong part of the tree! Because of the devastation in the late 1840's and 50's it is next to impossible to find anything.

This has been very rewarding and I am certainly not done. The Colorado mystery has me going and I am anxious to meet everyone sometime this year at a gathering somewhere. I am definitely going to Ballachulish this fall as well.

I hope I can find more Livingstons to test. I carry my cards all the time.

You guys are great..

Ginger