Angus Livingstone& Margaret (Hall/McPhail), Shiaba, Mull

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.

Re: Angus Livingstone& Margaret (Hall/McPhail), Shiaba, Mul

Postby Canadian Livingstone » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi John,

I see a Cornhaddock just south of the Whin Quarry clearly marked on the map with trees. See a little south west of Cornhaddock there is South Overton. I went through your Livingston ancestral line a few years ago when I was trying figure out how you and Keith connect with old Angus Livingston. I hope I saved it somewhere. I do try and save much of the Livingston research and the one Mac Air is bursting to the seams with Livingston files with many information on many of the Livingston families that have been researched over the years. I try to save as much as I can. What I don't have on file is probably on the Forum. I remember quite well going through your Livington ancestry generation by generation and that your Livingstons moved around quite a bit over the centuries from their earliest known origin point of Shiaba, Ross of Mull.

Found a Margaret Livingston at Ardtun circa 1846 where paupers and displaced tenants ended up in Kilfinichen Parish and other Livngstons in the Poor Law records for that parish of Ross of Mull. I guess that is not your Margaret Livington but the time is about right. I was thinking that some Colonsay Livingstons might end up at Ardtun nearby Ross of Mull during the 1846 famine period. Anyways no way of knowing if that was your Margaret Livingston wife of Angus. Probably not. Sadly I did find Livingtons mentioned in a Colonsay poor appeals records.

https://www.oldscottish.com/kilfinichen ... oorAppeals

regards,

Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Previous

Return to Ancestral Search