Donald Livingstone - Pictures

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
allanl

Donald Livingstone - Pictures

Post by allanl »

Took a few pictures of Donald Livingstones grave. Some are large. Some are from a drone.
Update - looks like adverts on the image hosting site were linking to inappropriate sites....

So I have just stuck them all in a google drive.

I also have quite a bit of 4k video footage that I might drop in there as well. But be warned it is big!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/C2cK1sawKTqz223eA
Last edited by allanl on Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Livingston

Re: Donald Livingstone - Pictures

Post by Greg Livingston »

Thank you for posting these, Allan.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Allan,
Nice photos of Donald Livingstone's parents table tomb he had erected for them around 1760 I think it was and probably the first time that anyone has used a drone equipped with a camera to do an aerial photo view of that old cemetery in Morvern Parish. My Livingston ancestor was a native of Morvern Parish according to his 1812 Church of Scotland marriage record, but I have never been to Morvern.

regards,
Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Historian
Clan Maclea Livingstone Society
allanl

Post by allanl »

I have updated it due to adverts linking to inappropriate sites.

I have a few family members buried there, so was good to get some photos with the drone from different angles. My Grandfather Alan Livingstone lived in Lochaline when the memorial plaque was placed there and his brother Angus was present.

I also had a look for the old saw Mill that was talked about here, but there seems to be nothing left of it now and has been replaced with a newer one.
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

HI Allan,

Hope all is well with you these days. Sorry I had to refresh my memory regarding your Y DNA upgrade. I am very glad you took that route a while back. Clearly as your earlier 37 marker results indicated your Y DNA results are in keeping with other Livingstons your matching with whose paternal Livingston ancestors were linked at some point in the past centuries with the ancient Bachuil Livingstone family who for centuries have resided on the Isle of Lismore. I was pretty certain of that with the results of your 37 marker test but I think you probably wanted to see if the upgrade of your YDNA test how close a match you were other Livingstones who were linked by their test results like you to a Y DNA Bachuil Lismore Livingstone match group tested via Familytreedna. Clearly the 67 and 111 marker results has given you a better sense of that. My Livingstone cousin I had tested years ago was not a match at all with that Bachuil Livingstone Y DNA Match Group but with Y DNA match group also with Livingstones of Western Argyllshire Livingstone ancestry but in the case of my Livingston cousin's group Livingstons in this particular match group are predominately of Mull Livingston ancestry with some with neighbouring Morvern ancestry like my cousin and others with Livingston ancestors from other neighbouring parishes but interestingly not Lismore and neighbouring Appin Parish like your Y DNA Match group. Their Y DNA results were significantly different those Livingstones matching with the Bachuil Lismore Livingstone Y DNA match group.

regards,

Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Historian
Clan Maclea Livingstone Society