Alexander Livingston 1790-1869 and Ann Maria Ladner of PEI

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Canadian Livingstone

Alexander Livingston 1790-1869 and Ann Maria Ladner of PEI

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Alexander Livingston born abt. 1790 was the youngest son of Donald Livingston and his wife Mary of Nine Mile Creek, Lot 65, Queens County, PEI. He travelled as a 15 year old teenager to PEI with his parents and brothers Duncan, John and Donald and their wives aboard the "Rambler" from the port of Tobermory, Mull in May of 1806. This family while living in Mull prior to their departure was according to their Mull records actually native to neighbouring Morvern Parish. Alexander like the rest of his family is listed on a surviving passenger list. Alexander married Ann Maria Ladner in 1818 in Charlottetown. For a time they lived on property adjacent to the homestead of his father but there is information that later he and his wife Anna Maria Ladner and family ended up at West Point, Prince County, Cape Breton. Some of the family members are apparently buried at the old Presbyterian cemetery at nearby West Cape, Prince County. One of the Livingston volunteers that contacts me from time to time and is not affiliated with the forum or society pointed out this info regarding Donald's son Alexander to me recently. As old Donald and his family appears to have some possible ancestral connection to my great-great-great grandfather Miles Livingston a native of Morvern I am particulary interested in the family history of Donald's son.

Alexander Livingston b.1790 Morvern or Mull m. Anna Maria Ladner November 28, 1818 Charlottetown, PEI died January 4th, 1869 at West Point, Prince County, PEI

1. James Bagnall Livingston b. January 1820 Nine Mile Creek, Queens County, PEI d. 1884 West Point, Prince County, PEI married Mary Stewart

2. Margaret Livingston b.August 17th 1821 Nine Mile Creek, QUeens County, PEI d. Sept. 12th, 1864 West Point, Prince County, PEI

3. Sophia Livingston b. 1823 Nine Mile Creek, Queens County, PEI died. Sept. 02, 1825 Nine Mile Creek, Queens County, PEI

4. Alexander Livingston b. 1824 Nine Mile Creek, Queens County, PEI died 1824 Nine Mile Creek, Queens County, PEI

5. Sophia Livingston b. 1826 Nine Mile Creek, QUeens County PEI died 1830 Nine Mile Creek, QUeens County, PEI (cant figure out why there are two Sophies)

6. Joanna Charlotte Livingston b.May 18th 1828 Nine mile Creek, PEI died January 09, 1921

7. Archibald Livingston b. 1829 Nine Mile Creek, QUeens County, PEI died 1881-1900 married Sophia Ladner

8. Andrew Livingston b.1833 NIne Mile Creek, Queens County, PEI

9. Anna Maria Livingston b. 1835 Nine Mile Creek, Queens County, PEI died January 12th, 1870 m. John Crow Ford

10. George Hobbs Livingston b. February 16, 1837 Nine Mile Creek, Queens County, PEI d. November 17th 1913, West Point, Prince County, PEI m. Louisa MacDougall