McLeas and Livingston/es in Ireland

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Roberta Ann

Re: McLeas and Livingston/es in Ireland

Post by Roberta Ann »

HI Kyle and Donald;

Descendents of Andrew de Livingston born Bef. 1296 Died abt. 1297 in Lanark, Scotland

William Livingston the Second b about 1607 in Stirlingshire died in County Down, Ireland and married Mary Lindsey, b Scotland, July 16, 1639.
William Livingston the Third b 1648 in Lisburn, Country Antrim, Ireland Died April 28, 1719 in County Antrim, Ireland. Married Mary Woombles b abt. 1643 in County Antrim, Ireland Died May 6, 1709 in County Down, Ireland. Children Thomas, John, Francis, Griszell, Rebekar, George, Agnes. George b 1670 in County Down died May 1727 in Cainboy, Berkley, South Carolina.

Regards;

Roberta
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Where did you find this, Roberta?

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Kyle;

Well it was a dark and stormy night. Maybe not. Anyway, I print a lot. A long time ago in 2009, I found this on the Web - I hit print and when I came back to the printer there were pages all over the floor - not numbered. I just put the information in my "pile" and forgot about it until I saw your discussion with Donald about how and when the Lowland Livingston's came to Ireland. I don't know, exactly, what you need. I have about 40 pages about the descendents of Andrew de Livingston. One of which is the Rotterdam D.D. of which Donald is familiar.

Regards;

Roberta
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Just curious, mostly.... could help others find the source later. This seems fine! Thanks!

And it WAS a dark and stormy night.... 8-)

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Roberta,

Thanks for focusing on the Irish Livingstons. This is certainly an area that we should take a look at more often. My sense is that there was lowland Livingston settlement early on in the 1600's into Antrim, Armaugh and Down Counties no doubt and more modern times settlement by highland Llivingstones from Argyllshire perhaps into industrialized Belfast for example. I used to have a couple of Family tree maker discs with data from Tithe Records and Tax sources from the 19th century that would have listed Livingstons however our Public library had indexed information from these sources and Livingstons would be in there. There clearly were a number of Livingston families that settled in Ireland in the 1600's including a cleric or two connected to the old Callendar Livingston that was there at one time or another around that time. As you may know they had a massive fire in 1922 during the Irish CIvil War and most of the 19th century censuses and other old records were destroyed so the Tithe records and the Griffiths Valuations now indexed are very useful. I dont know anyone who has access to a online database with the old Irish Tithe records or Griffith Valuations but it is available I have noticed and we do have an index at our library.

regards,

Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald;

Do you mean the Black and Tan and Lloyd George. Oh no, please don't.

Donald, do you want more on the Irish Livingstones'?

Regards;

Roberta
D.W.Livingston

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Hi Kyle;

Well it was a dark and stormy night. Maybe not. Anyway, I print a lot. A long time ago in 2009, I found this on the Web - I hit print and when I came back to the printer there were pages all over the floor - not numbered. I just put the information in my "pile" and forgot about it until I saw your discussion with Donald about how and when the Lowland Livingston's came to Ireland. I don't know, exactly, what you need. I have about 40 pages about the descendents of Andrew de Livingston. One of which is the Rotterdam D.D. of which Donald is familiar.
Ok, So I found only two hits looking on Google for : "Andrew de Livingston" "County Antrim" "Griszell"

A large text file: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/us ... 17text.txt which might be what you printed out.
Also a RTF file that is 35 pages in Word: http://www.hto-livingston.com/Descenden ... ngston.rtf

Both appear to have a lot of the same information about Baron De Leving and the "lowland livingston" family
The text files has more information it appears as I did a search for BUSH (Both President Bush's are suppose to be related to the New York Livingston family)
- The text file has a BUSH
[117] Samuel Prescott Bush b: 10 Apr 1863 m: 20 Jun 1894 d: 02 Aug 1948
Just in case anyone wants to see the sources.
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Thanks, David!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Thank you, David; now I can put it all together, properly.

Regards;

Roberta