Alexander Livingston

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Alexander Livingston

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi John,
I am assuming 1817 or 1818 as an estimated actual birth year for Alexander because many of the Argyll parish records are recorded baptisms rather than birth records. Elsewhere ministers often would record both a birth date and a baptismal record, but for some reason in alot of old parish books in Argyll only record the date of baptisms.
regards,

Donald
jmlivingstone

Post by jmlivingstone »

Hi Donald,

The OPR's have the following;

1. Alexander bpt. 30 June 1814 at Aird, near Dervaig.

2. Colin bpt. 01 Sept. 1818 at Penmore, near Dervaig.

Parents John Livingstone & Catherine Campbell,

John.
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi John,

Thats the family I am suspecting joined Mull Campbells and McFarlanes who had settled at Mull RIver, Inverness County, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia around 1820/1821. Their baptism end at the end of 1820 and I have a copy of a Mull document issued in 1821 for a John Livingston and Catharine Campbell and their seven surviving children of Kilninian Parish indicating that had acquired passage aboard a ship taking them to the Port of Pictou Nova Scotia in 1821. The original I understand was in the possession of this Whycocomagh, Cape BReton, Nova Scotia family of farmer ALexander Livingston born abt. 1814 in Scotland acccording to the Canadian census records. A descendant of ALexander is in the DNA project and most recently a descendant of Colin Livingston b. 1818 in Scotland is also particpating in the DNA project. So first step is to see if Alex and Colin of WHycocomagh, Cape Breton were likely brother by the DNA test result comparison of their descendants and then possibly see if they are match to a descendant of John Livingston Jr. of neighbouring Mull River, Cape Breton. The results for Colin's descendant should be completed I would think by September some time hopefully. So that is the first step to see if the Whycocomagh and neighbouring Mull RIver, cape BReton NOva Scotia Livingstons were one family of a John Livingston and Catharine Campbell or not.

regards,

Donald