Clan Maclea/Livingstone and O'Neill connection?

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
LornaWall

Re: Clan Maclea/Livingstone and O'Neill connection?

Post by LornaWall »

Hi Donald
How kind of you to welcome me to your forum and thank you for allowing me to connect with Stephen, even though we are not descended from Dr Livingstone's distinguished family. I must admit that I had checked it out too many years ago!

If Stephen gets in touch hopefully I can share my research with him by personal email.

Regards
Lorna
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Lorna and Stephen

If either/both of you would like to contribute an article of research on your family to a future Clan newsletter, setting this work down for posterity, do get in touch! We are always looking for interested parties who might want to write up all that extensive research! :)

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
LornaWall

Post by LornaWall »

Hi Kyle

I would be happy to submit my research on the Aberdour Livingstons, but I fear it would bore most people who are unconnected to the family since the narrative runs to over 50 pages even once I have removed all the photographs! I also type up a 'tree' to accompany each narrative so that everyone can see at a glance where we all fit in. Perhaps you could guide me how to condense my research to a more manageable size. I could send you a couple of pages from the 'tree' to give you an idea how I set it out.

Regards Lorna
Steven Meyer

Post by Steven Meyer »

Hi Lorna,

Wow what a small world! Yes I would love to see your research, I have been researching only for a short time now (about 2 years on and off) and my goal was to take back our family history as far back as I possibly could so it would be wonderful to see 30 years of research. I've also had another posting on the forum titled "My Family Crest" that I posted last spring, this was given to me by my late grandmother and it seems to be a detailed drawing of a coat-of-arms and under it is written "Livingstone Coat of Arms, Sir Alexander Livingstone Regent of Soctland. 1437" Have you ever come across this coat-of-arms before? Please feel free to reach me at my email stevenmeyer924@yahoo.com.

Best,

Steven
LornaWall

Post by LornaWall »

Hi Steven

It's great to hear from you and I will be delighted to share my Livingston research with you. I hope you enjoy reading about our ancestors and their families.

Unfortunately I haven't come across the coat of arms you mention.

Kind Regards
Lorna