Angus Livingstone& Margaret (Hall/McPhail), Shiaba, Mull

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
jmlivingstone

Re: Angus Livingstone& Margaret (Hall/McPhail), Shiaba, Mul

Post by jmlivingstone »

Hi Donald,

I've just been looking at a variety of census returns, one thing they appear to have in common, family members are listed first, then visitors, lodgers etc., who are normally listed as such, as this appears to be normal practice, it would make it more likely that James listed in 1841 Colonsay census, is actually the son of Angus & Margaret.

Whether we will ever find documented proof of this I don't know, in fact I doubt it, I'm starting to wonder if the unnamed birth in 1816 was not a female, but actually James, if they could forget to put the christian name n the cert., it wouldn't be too big a stretch of the imagination to assume they got the babies sex wrong. Will we ever prove it, I doubt it, unless we are extremely lucky, but I'll keep trying,

John
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi James,

Yes I am inclined also to think there is an aspect of the family of Angus Livingston and Margaret Hall here that is missing to us looking again and again at that 1841 census info. I think we have to seriously consider the possibility that some of the baptism information is simply missing for some reason. It does seem highly logical looking at that 1841 census info that James Livingston was a son of Angus and Margaret, despite the info we have. In fact it looks like his eldest brother the way he censused and not a visiting relative or clansmen. Further challenging what can be found in the baptism records in that 1841 census is that there is a Christina Livingston also living with old Angus and Margaret with her husband Malcolm McMillan whom she married in 1840 in Colonsay according to the marriage record and with them apparently their infant son presumingly a grandson of old Angus and Margaret. This Christine or Christy as she is referred to I think in her marriage record to Malcolm McMillan is recorded as age 25 in the 1841 census as is Malcolm McMillan her husband. I think as you mentioned there is no record of a Christina Livingston daughter of Angus Livingston and Margaret McPhail or Hall baptized about 1816. Neither for that matter is there a baptismal record for James Livingston.

It is pretty clear to me with the subsequent Colonsay and Canadian info regarding James Livingston that he married the following year 1842 and by 1843 or 1844 after the birth of their eldest child Ann left Colonsay, Mull and settled in Eldon Township, Victoria County in what is today Ontario, Canada. The information from the family in Canada confirms this to be the case. Furthermore in James Livington's wife's obituary in Canada, her brother Malcolm McMillan is mentioned. Most recently I found a death record for a daughter of Malcolm Livingston and Christina Livingston who was born later in Canada and it confirmed that her father Malcolm Livingston was married to Christina Livingston and led me to Ontario Canada census records that clearly suggested that sometime in the mid 1840's Malcolm Livingston and his wife Christina Livingston also settled in the same area of Ontario as James Livington and his wife Mary McMillan. So that info pretty much helps to confirm I think a probable family connection of the James Livingston, his wife Mary Mcmillan, Christina Livingston and her husband Malcolm McMillan. I am less certain about their connection to old Angus and Margaret, but I am also inclined to think that Angus and Margaret are the parents of this James and Christina even though we don't have baptismal records for either of them.

I guess if you still have a particle of doubt regarding this James Livingston and his apparent sister Christina you could add them to your already existing Angus Livingston and Margaret Mcphail family tree with approximate birth dates of abt. 1815 for James and 1816 for Christina (Christie) Livingston. You could also state in brackets (likely related) or something like that to differentiate them from the others whom have baptism records you have found.

I have death date information from the James Livingston family researcher for James and his wife Mary McMillan in Canada but no death date info for Malcolm Mcmillan and his wife Christina Livingston. I am fairly certain what Township and County in Ontario they were located at the time of their death so I may eventually find some cemetery info. It was the township beside the one that James Livingston and Margaret Livingston originally settled in in the 1840's in Ontario, Canada before they moved. So far no luck however in finding Malcolm McMillan or Christie Livingstons tomb stone.

regards,

Donald
jmlivingstone

Post by jmlivingstone »

Hi Donald,

See post below post from July 2011, ref. Cirsty b. 1809, she married & died before 1833, this info. was got from a professional genealogist so I have to go along with his research, also, Angus & Margarets son Duncan was born 1814.

I am certain Cirsty at Uragaig, is related in some way, just not sure how, maybe a niece,

John

Below is further info on Cirsty, daughter of Angus & Margaret,

Attached is the result of forward research on the siblings of John Livingstone born 1805.

We previously found that Cirsty Livingston was born on Iona , Argyll, in Kilfinichen and Kilvickeon parish , and baptized there on 29 October 1809 . Parents Angus Livingstone, and Margaret Hall, were then resident at Siaba in the parish.

The Parish register for Kilfinichen and Kilvickeon has an entry for the marriage of Cirsty Livingston and Peter McArthur on 18 December, 1827. They were both resident within the Parish - Cirsty at Creich, and Peter at Caildrean.

Christie and Peter had two children. Ann McArthur was baptised on 17 October, 1829 and John McArthur was baptized on 18 September, 1831 . Father Peter McArthur was the crofter at Creich by this time. On the 1829 record his first name is recorded as Patrick, the old name for Peter.

Mother Cirsty died at some time between 1831 to 1833 . The Iona Parish register then shows that Peter McArthur, crofter at Creich, married again, to a Flora McDonald on 12 March, 1833. Peter and his second wife Flora had three children , namely Dugald, Niel and Flory. Then the mother Flora McDonald died, about 1840.

At the 1841 Census , we find Peter McArthur , 30 year crofter at Cregachait , now twice widowed . With him are the two children from his first marriage to Cirsty, namely 12 year Ann, 10 year John, and three children from his marriage to Flora , namely 6-year Dugald, 4-year Niel, and 6-month infant Flory.

The year following this census, on 30 January 1842 , Peter McArthur, crofter at Creich (possible abbreviation for Cregachait) married for the third time –to Isabella MacLean. Their marriage was recorded in the Iona Parish register.

At the 1851 census, we see Peter and Isobel living at Creagachait, Iona, with nine children , from 20- year John, now working as an agricultural labourer , to 2-year James. The four youngest children from this marriage of Peter and Isobel are 9-year Donald, 6-year Mary, 4-year Eliza and 2-year James. Also present is a 13 year Christian McArthur, daughter of Flora who was not recorded on the 1841 census. Peter’s eldest child Ann McArthur (born 1829) is no longer living with the family.

Peter & some members of the family eventually emigrated to Australia, I have been in touch with two of his descendants in Australia recently,
jmlivingstone

Post by jmlivingstone »

Hi Donald,

Just noticed, the results of Sandy Livingstone test are on FTDNA, at a distance of 6/67 from my own results, according to them this means we had a common relative at some point, probably way back in the dim & distant past. I'll leave that to Kyle or Andrew to explain to us,

John.
Canadian Livingstone

Hi John,

Yes Sandy is a direct descendant of an old Mull River, Inverness County, Cape Breton family of John Livingston Sr. originally a native of Morvern Parish and Catharine Campbell of Teang (Tenga) Aros, Mull in North East Mull according to their Kilninian Parish, Mull marriage record who were one of the Scottish families who left Mull and settled at Mull River/Mabou/Inverness County, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia in the 1820's. It was I that sponsored Sandy in the project with the intent of resolving whether or not his ancestor John Livingston Sr. born in the 1770's was the father of two neighbouring Livingstons Alex and Colin Livingston who lived at Whycocomagh, Inverness Cape Breton in the 1800's. A descendant of Alex and Colin Livingston of Cape Breton are currently in our project. As it turned out the results indicated that while Sandy's ancestor John Livingston Sr. was clearly of the Parker Livingston group, Sandy was not a close match to Alex and Colin Livingston's descendants that were tested a few years ago. So I am now going with my option no. 2 that John Livingston Sr. of Mull River and Alexander Livingston and Colin Livingston one time residents of Whycocomagh, Cape Breton are not family but clearly a common Maclonlea ancestor back in Western Argyll as all of the Parker Livingstons do.

Now here is big surprise for me from Sandy's DNA results. Sandy Livingston is showing up as 67-1 or 67 markers with a distance of 1 to my third Cousin Lloyd whom I sponsored several years ago. Did not see that coming, though it actually makes some sense when i think about that my cousin Lloyd, myself and Sandy have documented Morvern Parish Maclea Livingstone ancestry. And although Sandy's ancestor John Levingston Sr. was married in Kilninian Parish Catharine Campbell of Teang (Tenga or Tengie) in Aros, Mull, in 1805, he was actually not born in Mull but in nearby Morvern Parish. This is something I only recently discovered when looking closely at the original entry for one of the two John Livingstons/Levingstons and Catharine Campbells married in the year 1805 in the Kilninian Parish in Mull. There were a number of settlements at that time in the early 1800's where Livingston tenants were residing along the western Morvern coast such as Killundine and Savary and were just across they Sound of Mull from Aros, Mull. So basically a row boat ride to the Aros coast and short distance from there to Teang or Tenga, Mull where John Levingston's wife Catharine Campbell and her Campbell family resided at the time John and Catharine were married. Tenga is near Loch Frisa and Ledmore and south of Lettermore if that is any help. Lettermore is where Dr. Livingstone's grandparent's Neil Livingston and Mary Morrison were married in 1774 and were they lived a few years before they moved on to the Isle of Ulva. No relation to Parker Livingstons regrettably.

I don't have much early info on our ancestor Miles Livingston but his marriage record from June 20, 1812 records he and his wife Janet also a Livingston were married by the old Bowmore Church of Scotland Round Church minister at Bowmore, Kilarrow Parish minister and the minister noted in his entry that day that Miles and Janet Livingston were not of his Parish but "Natives of Morvern". Likewise Sandy's ancestor's January 22, 1805 marriage entry in Kilninian Parish parish book includes info by the minister there that on January 22, 1805 "John Levingston from Morvern and Catharine Campbell (of) Teang" were married. Sandy is the first 67-1 match for my cousin Lloyd and while we have a number in the Parker Livingston group connected by their Livingston ancestors to Mull, Colonsay and other neighbouring areas, we only have three including Sandy in the Parker Livingston group with parish record info linking them to Morvern Parish rather than neighbouring Mull. Sandy is 67-1 and one of them as is another Parker Livingston participant whose ancestor and family were from Movern but later lived in Mull before they left for Prince Edward Island, Canada. They are 67-3 to Lloyd's results. So given the fact that Sandy and Lloyd's ancestors are both of Morvern origin this may explain why they are such a close match at 67-1. As i understand the familytreedna info, the only closer match would be 67-0 which one might expect from two close family members being tested I would think.

Anyways before this Lloyd's closest was 67-2 which was a match with a descendant of that James Livingston b. abt. 1815 of Colonsay, Mull that lived with old Angus apparently. Another result that seems to link my cousin and my ancestry to both Sandy's Livingston's ancestors and your Angus Livingston. What does this mean? Well I am not the DNA expert, but perhaps back in the 1600's the Morvern, the Mull Livingstons and the others, we all shared a common Maconlea ancestor in Morvern Parish.

I have studied the theories of the origins of the Morvern Livingstones and one from the 1800's from an American Livingstone related and descended from the last of the Savary, Morvern Livingstons seems to based upon what he was told as a boy by two nieces and other relatives of Donald Livingstone (1728-1816) regarding the origins of Savary, Morvern, Livingstons as Maclean or Maconleas who left Achnacree, Argyll about 1600. For the last few years I have been pondering the notion of whether or not my Morvern Livingston ancestry and that of my Cousin Lloyds is linked to a migrating family of Mconleas who according to the old Savary, Morvern Livingstons apparently left Achnacree, Argyll around 1600 for Savary, Morvern. Other accounts I think may have the family of Donald Livingston leaving Achnacree centuries later than that but I have documented proof from records in the early 1700's that Mconleas were well established all along the western Morvern coast at least by the time of the 1715 jacobite rebellion and therefore their arrival at the Morvern coast from Achnacree must almost certainly have happened at least sometime in the 1600's as the old Savary, Movern Livingstone family account had apparently stated. Whoever the Mull and Movern Livingstons and others in the Parker Livingston group were descended from back in Scotland it does appear to me very likely that many of the Parker Livingstons including Sandy and my cousin Lloyd shared a common ancestor perhaps in the 1600's or earlier. We now have about 21 Livingstons including one who has done the 37 marker test and other related families who share ancestry with Parker Livingstons so I think this in itself helps to define our group and may I believe in time lead to a better understanding of it's origins and significance in the history of Clan Livingstone.

The fact is that the 18th century Movern and the Mull maclonleas were of families whose ancestor way back probably before the 1600's were not originally from either Morvern or Mull so they must have come from some place else in Western Argyll where we know Maconlea families lived for centuries. Clearly the Parker Livingstone ancestors lived somewhere else before Morvern, Mull and Colonsay and the other locations we find them in the 1700's in Scotland. Where did that common ancestor to all of them live? My first guess is that our ancient shared ancestor might have lived at Achnacree, but that is just a theory I am considering not a fact by any means. All that I know is there is some 19th century info by a Duncan Livingstone of Ohio of an old Savary, Morvern Livingstone family suggesting that the Morvern Livingstone arrived at Morvern as early as about 1600 and my research indicates that is a possibility.

regards,

Donald
jmlivingstone

Post by jmlivingstone »

I recently noticed on FTDNA that myself & G. Ferguson had a connection at 7/67, after a couple of e-mails, it would appear we have a connection from Islay, around the mid 1700’s., I have traced this line through opr’s etc.

The connection is through a known 4 x g/grandfather of my own, Robert Ferguson who married Margaret McLugas before 1777.

Given the above, possibly it is not too difficult to hope we can make similar connections between the five or six member Livingstone group identified by Andrew a few years ago.

Details of Ferguson connection ;

1. Robert Ferguson – m – Margaret McLugas abt. 1776-77, (4 x g/grandparents).

2. Their daughter Ann, b. 15 Dec 1777, Kilmodan – m – Donald McGilvray, d. 1830, (3 x g/grandparents).

3. Ann/Donalds son Peter b. 1800, d. 1856 – m – Catherine McKay, 1806-72, (2 x g/grandparents).

4. Peter/Catherines son Donald, 1833-1910 – m – Margaret Mitchell, 1836-1921, (g/grandparents).

5. Donald/Margarets daughter Margaret, 1868-1944 – m – John Livingstone, 1871-1921, (grandparents).

John
Canadian Livingstone

Hi John,
You are doubly related to Argyllshire Fergusons then. As part of the Parker Livingston group your results you have a more distant connection with one of the Ferguson families that likely lived in Argyllshire as do all the rest of the Parker Livingston group Livingston but also as you mention your family is in more recent times known to be related to a Ferguson family also of apparent Argyllshire origin that has a match with a Ferguson who is matching with our Parker Livingston group. That is very interesting indeed.

Regarding the Parker Livingston group as a whole there is a definitive a shared ancestral connection at some point in our history amongst our highland Morvern/Mull/Colonsay etc group with an old family of Western Argyllshire Fergusons I assume, but it is not yet clear precisely when that connection occurred. All that is really known is that Fergusson families lived amongst 18th century Maconleas and their ancestors in Western Argyll for a number of centuries before Maconleas became Livingstones. Beyond that the ancient ancestors of the ferguson families that lived in Western Argyll like our Maconlea ancestor are known to be of ancient Dalriada Irish origin. Perhaps our family group share an ancient connection with the family of Fergus the legendary descendant of members of Clan Fergusson, but that would be speculation on my part.

A genetic distance of 7 out of 67 markers is not a close match with the Fergusons but does not negate the fact that you and rest of us seem to shared some ancestral connection with the Clan Ferguson. If 67-7 or 67-6 were the only match results for Fergusons, I would suspect that the ancestral connection between our two family groups could be reasonably ancient, however my Livingston cousins result include Fergusons as close 67-4 and one at 67-3 which suggests to me that there was probably a Ferguson family linked to the ancestors of some of our Livingstons possibly in the last 200 years or so. The 67-3 result in particular if I understand correctly could suggest some relatively close family connection within the last couple of hundred years when our Maconlea/Livingstones were residing in Western Argyll.

Like Livingstons not all Fergusons are from the same family group and only some are a genetic match to Parker Livingstons but it would appear the indicators from those who have a family history linking them to Argyllshire that there is a possible ancestral link with an old Fergusson family there and our Maconlea/Livingstone ancestors. In you unique case you seem to be doubly connected to this old Fergusson family.

regards,

Donald
jmlivingstone

Post by jmlivingstone »

Hi Donald,

http://www.swvic.org/carapook/names/mcarthur_peter.htm

Your mention of Australian Livingstones reminded me of the above link, which contains info, I assume from Daryl Povey, on the family of Cirsty Livingstone, daughter of Angus & Margaret, or at least on her family after her death,

John
Canadian Livingstone

Hi John,
Hope your having a good summer in Scotland. David Michael Livingston of our Parker Livingston group contacted me and let me know he is off to Scotland soon and will br visiting Western Argyll and spending a couple of days on the Isle of Lismore and staying at Bachuil. He has promised me to take lots of photos and is going make it a priority to visit old Kiel Cemetery, Morvern where no doubt some of my Livingston and other Morvern kin are buried, many apparently in unmarked graves. He has promised me to include his story of the trip and some of his photos in a future issue of the Clan Society Newsletter.

Daryl visited the forum once I think discussing his relation to Livingstons.
Haven't heard from Daryl in quite a while now but his connection to Argyll Livingstons was interesting. He mentioned that he believed he was related to the famous Donald Livingstone 1728-1816 of Savary, Morvern through a daughter of Donald's son Adam Livingston who died sometime before 1841 and had been at one time a resident of Savary in the early 1800's and a miller or worker at Savary Mill. Since Adam died before 1841, the only records mentioning him are the Morvern Parish baptism records which record the baptisms of some of his children but apparently not all of them while he was living at Savary in the early 1800's. Oddly enough I found out about an old Scottish folklore book published in scottish gaelic by a Patrick Turner in the year 1813. A used book dealer in Minnesota, USA had a copy of it with a few pages missing and I purchased it as it had a lengthy subscription list of folks from all over Scotland who purchased the book by subscription. What was interesting to me regarding this 1813 subscription of the scottish gaelic folklore book was that several Argyll Livingstons in 1813 had ordered a copy of this book. One of them was Adam Livingston and his address given as Savary, Morvern. So it is kinda neat to thing I have a first edition of this old book somewhat weather worn but the same editon that was in the Savary household of Adam Livingston and one which Adam may have shared with his famous father Donald Livingstone a few years before Donald Livingstone's death in 1816. If anyone in Savary would be interested in Scottish folklore it would be old Domhnull Mollach of Savary. Regretably I have not found there to be an English translation of this book. Do you know anyone in Scotland who is fluent and can read Scottish Gaelic by any chance?

Anyways to make a long story short Daryl Povey indicated some time back in a message to the forum that he was related to a daughter of Donald's son Adam. This daughter I think went to Australia in the 1850's or 1860's and married his Povey ancestor in Australia and died a few years after the marriage I think it was.

I wonder how many Livingston families from Argyll ended up in Australia. I am thinking a significant number from the 1830's and 1840's and after that in the 1800's.

We have had some interesting Livingston related inquiries lately at the forum. As a result of a Morvern Livingston inquiry recently we have one more person of Morvern Livingston ancestry who has just completed the DNA test and if he is a match with the Parker Livingston group that would be the fourth person of MOrvern origin tested and a match for the Parker Livingston group in addition to those of Mull Livingston ancestry like yourself and the other Livingstons matching in that group. What makes this fourth Livingston of Morvern ancestry so significant is that he has census info from both the U.S and back in Morvern, Scotland linking his family to Morvern and my research has further linked his Morvern Livingston's quite likely to the family of a brother of the famous Donald Livingstone of Savary. His lIvingstone ancestor lived at Achabegg Morvern in 1841 just walking distance from Savary, Morvern itself where famous Donald and his family resided until the mid 1850's when old Donald's son Robert died in 1856 at the family croft at Savary.

Yesterday I made some progress with identifying another Mull Livingston family. This time a Livingston family that appears to have lived near Calgary Bay at Ensay and neighbouring Treshnish in the North part of Mull. No one with Ensay roots is in the DNA project but we do have one Livingston descendant whose ancestor lived a little farther east at Penmore, Mull who settled in Nova Scotia, Canada in the 1800's and I have identified a second Penmore Livingston family descended from a brother of the first one mentioned who lived nearby in Nova Scotia but has not as yet participated in the DNA project but I have been contacted in the past by some of the descendants of this other Livingston family in Canada of Penmore Mull descent. I am hoping to confirm sometime that these two Penmore Mull Livingston families that settled in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia in the early 1800's are related for certain sometime in the future. Also in North Mull there was Dr. Livingstone's grandfather in 1770's at Lettermore, Mull before a few years later moving to a croft on the nearby Isle of Ulva where Dr. Livingstone's father Neil Jr. was born in 1788. Dr. Livingstone's brother's family has been well documented over the years and several years ago tested and confirmed as Livingstones by the test. The next step is to see if in the next few year we can find descendants of other Northern Mull Livingston families that lived around Lettermore or nearby Reudal, Mull for example that might possibly have second or third cousins of Dr. Livingstone. There have been two southern Islay Argyll Livingston matches that suggest a much earlier Southern Argyll connection to Dr. Livingstone's ancestors before they located in Mull but I am suspecting that if more Mull Livingtons are tested eventually one Livingston will be identified by testing as being the closest match yet to the Doctors' Livingstone kin. So while I want to see more Morvern and neighbouring Ardnamurchan in the DNA project, I think it is important to continue the great progress made with identifying Morvern Livingston both from the North part of Mull and in your case with roots to Ross of Mull in the south.

As you may have noticed I mentioned that so far we have only one Livingston of Ardnamurchan Argyll ancestry. Ardnamurchan as you probably know is just across the sound of mull from Tobermory and not surprisingly the one Ardnamurchan Livington tested several years was a match with the Parker Livingston group and likely has some ancestral linkage to some of the Mull Livingston families within the Parker Livingston group and the others. That Livingston of Australian origin was a descendant of a Hugh Livingston Sr and his wife Cathrine McDiarmid. This Hugh Livingston sr. was born at Glenmore, Ardnamurchan and his son Hugh Livingston jr. was born at Swordley and later went to Australia. A couple of the descendants of this Hugh Livingston Jr. contacted the forum several years ago now and another one was actually tested in the DNA project and matched up with the Parker Livingston group. Recently we have been contacted at the forum by a descendant of another Ardnamurchan Livingston family with roots to Ormasaig, Ardnamurchan. He can't unfortunately do the Y chromosome test but there is hope that if we find a Livingston descendant of this Ormasaig Ardnmurchan family we can test to see if they were related to the old Glenmore Ardnamurchan family of Hugh Livingston Sr. and his apparent father Angus Livingston of Glenmore, Ardnamurchan. The first test I think clearly identifies the old Glenmore Livingston family of Ardnamurchan as sharing some ancestry with the neighbouring Mull and Morvern Livingstons which is something that i think makes sense.

I would like to however in the future focus not only on the Mull part of this project but try and put more effort into the Morvern group. This is all very exciting news regarding the most recent Morvern Livingston test. In a few weeks we will know for certain if the fourth Morvern Livingston tested matches with the other three Liivngstons of Morvern descent who by the way are matching with Morvern Livingston third cousin at 67-3 and 67-1. So the three Livingstons of Morvern origin whom we do have test results for have I think proven to be a pretty close match to each other and all three quite oddly enough have marriage records with a message from the minister indicating their ancestor married was of Morvern origin but married in another parish. The fourth Morvern Livingston test a week or two ago with familytreedna has Census data linking him to Morvern and to another Morvern family who were cousins. I am really interested in learning the results of the fourth Morvern Livingston test particularly as this Morvern Livingston family has some historical evidence linking them to Hugh or Ewen Livington of Savary a brother of the famous Donald Livingstone of Savary who was at the Battle of Culloden with the Appin Regiment and others with Bonnie Prince Charlie.

regards,

Donald
jmlivingstone

Post by jmlivingstone »

The info below is a work in progress, some has been verified, some not as yet, it is all from my 2 x great grandmother Agnes Edmiston side of the family.

John.

1. 2 x g/g/parents,
John Livingstone & Agnes Edmiston (1797-1868)

2. 3 x g/g/parents.
John Edmiston b. 06 Apr 1769 Bathgate, Midlothian & Catherine Mitchell.

3. 4 x g/g/parents.
John Edmiston b. 1740 Bathgate & Marion Steel b.1737 Bathgate.
George Mitchell.

4. 5 x g/g/parents.
Daniel Steel b. 05 Apr 1696, Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire & Margaret Samuel b. 11 Jun 1699, Kirkliston, West Lothian.

5. 6 x g/g/parents.
David Samuels, b. abt. 1660 West Lothian & Marion Young, b. abt. 1661 West Lothian.

6. 7 x g/g/parents.
Robert Young b. 04 Jan 1633 Edinburgh & Alison Eliot b. 07 Apr 1653 Edinburgh

7. 8 x g/g/parents.
John Eliot.

8. 9 x g/g/parents.
Alexander Eliot, 1560-1592 & Janet Mowbray, b. 1570 Scotland.