Searching for Sarah Livingstone's Family

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Livingstone_PEI

Searching for Sarah Livingstone's Family

Post by Livingstone_PEI »

Hi All

You may have noticed we are planning a family re-union for the family of Angus Livingstone of Upton, Prince Edward Island for August 4 of next year. Three of his children had family. We have contact with Malcolm's family, which mostly live in Ontario. We are hearing from more of them every day. I belong to John Duncan's family, so I have that one covered. The one that is giving us problems is the family of Sarah Livingstone. She was married to Archie Beaton and they lived in Framingham, Massachusetts in 1930 with their family. Both Archie and Sarah were born on Prince Edward Island. Archie Beaton Sr. was a steeplejack and he also had a son Archie who also was a steeplejack and he was killed in New Hampshire in 1959 when he fell 125 ft while painting the inside of a water tower. I found that information in an online newspaper.

Here are the names and birth dates of the family.

Father: Archie (1893)
Sarah or Sadie (1897)
John (1925)
Donald (1927)
Catherine or Kay (1914)
Laura (1916)
Peg or Margaret (1919)
Gladys (1921)
Archie or Buster (1918)

This is the only MIA part of the family, as far as we can tell. If anyone has any information about these descendant's families we sure would be appreciative for any leads.

Thanks
Barry
Last edited by Livingstone_PEI on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Livingstone_PEI

Re: Searching for Malcolm Livingstone's Family

I found a lead!

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/metrow ... fhid=11991

I have sent an email to the funeral home. Now a waiting game. If anyone finds anything else just let me know. An email address to a family member would be too easy.

Barry
Livingstone_PEI

Re: Searching for Sarah Livingstone's Family

Mission Accomplished!

We have found two granddaughters of Sarah (Livingstone) Beaton. They are coming to the re-union and hopefully other members of the family as well.

For anyone interested, I found an article for Archie (Buster) Beaton, regarding his death. This would be Sarah's son. She also had a son John who was a steeplejack, he too was killed by a fall. This must have been a dangerous profession to have two sons killed in two different mishaps. One of the granddaughters I spoke to remembers visiting Buster in the hospital after his first fall. She said he broke pretty near every bone in his body.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2 ... 34,3892500

Thanks
Barry