Canadian Livingstone kin

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Isobel Carroll

Canadian Livingstone kin

Post by Isobel Carroll »

Looking for family Dugald Livingstone DOB 1780 Shian, m 1802 Margaret MacCallum 1779 emigrated to Canada (PEI?) as widow about 1850? Died 1867.
isobel livingston carroll
melbourne fl.
jmlivingstone

Re: Canadian Livingstone kin

Post by jmlivingstone »

Isobel,

Family Search have three Dugald Livingstones listed,I kind of think they could all be the same person, it's not uncommon for dates to be wrong,

1. The first one appears to be older than the Dugald you are looking for, he was b. before 1759, but was married to a Margaret MacCallum, his parents were Donald Livingstone & Christian MacCallum of Shian, Argyllshire.

Dugald was christened 03 June 1759 at Lismore, a short distance across the water from North & South Shian, he married Margaret MacCallum 21 Mar. 1800 at Appin.

Dugald died abt 1850, his occupation was farmer.

2. Dugald b. abt. 1777 at Old Miln, Shian, married Margaret MacCallum, 21 Mar. 1802 at Appin, he died before 1850 in Scotland, Margaret died 1867 at Plympton Twp., Lambton, Ontario.

Their family is as follows;

Elizabeth Harriet, b/c. 22 Nov. 1803, d. 30 June 1877, Canada. Married a John Livingstone, b. 1803 Scotland, d. 1871 Canada, I have a list of their family if you think this is the correct family.
Mary, b/c. 12 Aug. 1805, possibly died young.
Donald, b/c. 1807.
Margaret, b/c. 12 Sept. 1810.
Mary, b/c. 16 Sept. 1812, d. 22 Nov. 1902.
John, b/c. 14 Sept. 1814.
Duncan, b/c. 18 Nov. 1816.
Jean, b/c. 27 Nov. 1818.
Euphemia (Fanny), b/c. 12 Apr. 1824.

3. The third one is pretty much the same as number two, dob's differ, but they all married a Margaret MacCallum, all came from Shian area, childrens names are all more or less the same, so my guess is, it is possibly differing versions of the same couple, hopefully this gets you on the right track,

John.
Isobel Carroll

Post by Isobel Carroll »

Trying to get into site read your blog about Duncan (sometimes Dugold, but Duncan on my Grandfather's marriage lines). Think I typed in Dugald. Have list of kin, down to David through place in Utah. Discarded until I read the Grngad address in Frank McLeod's papers, he was helpful with my Margaret MacCallum. Those records show her buried in Forest. Is so?
Seems mine came from Shian.
Thanks for responding.
God Bless
isobel
Isobel Carroll

Post by Isobel Carroll »

Isobel Carroll wrote:Looking for family Dugald Livingstone DOB 1780 Shian, m 1802 Margaret MacCallum 1779 emigrated to Canada (PEI?) as widow about 1850? Died 1867.
isobel livingston carroll
melbourne fl.
JB. Wrong family, think Frank McLeod's (Dilke,Regina,now deceased) had Livingston connection. Sent pic of Margaret McCallum which I will gladly forward. Also sent e-m copy of letter from my Duncan Livingstone to Canadian kin. Care for a copy?
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Isobel,

Can you write a little more? Not sure I understood the last message.

We welcome submission of photos (they can be attached at the bottom of messages or you can send them by PM if you like)

Kyle
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
vkadams

Post by vkadams »

Hi Everyone....Hope everyone is doing well....it has been awhile since I have browsed the boards as I have been on another rabbit trail on my paternal
side of the family. Looking below I see that someone has a picture of Margaret (Peggy) McCallum from Frank McLeod.
We share the same ancestor and I would love to have a copy of the photo. Please advise if you need my email or if
you can get from the forum. Thanks
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Welcome Back.
Regarding Margaret McCallum you mentioned I thought you might find a 2016 discussion I had regarding the Plympton County Livingston connected to Appin and Lismore, Argyll including the widow Margaret McCallum interesting.
Note in the next message to your most recent message to the forum I have included today a more previous 2016 posting that talks about all the original Livingston families that settled in Plympton Township, Lambton County, Canada in the 19th century that seem to have a Margaret McCallum connection and a Appin or Lismore Argyll connection. It is quite likely that these Livingston share ancestral ties with our Clan Chief Baron Niall Livingston's Lismore and Appin ancestors. (See the next posting in "Ancestral Search".)

regards,

Donald