Livingston-McDougall Connection

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
CaileanMac

Livingston-McDougall Connection

Post by CaileanMac »

I was looking at getting in touch with Jill Richmond, specifically relating to the following thread:

http://www.clanmclea.co.uk/forum/show-m ... sp?ID=4752

Archibald Livingston and Mary McDougall are my 5xGreat Grandparents, and I see you have some further information about them. I would be grateful if Jill could PM me so we could swap information on this.

Sorry for the public post, but your forum settings aren't allowing me to send a private message.

thanks,

Colin
Jill Richmond

Re: Livingston-McDougall Connection

Post by Jill Richmond »

Hello Colin,

Welcome to the Clan MacLea/Livingstone Forum. It seems that we are very distant cousins. Archibald Livingston and Mary McDougall are my 3times great grandparents. Unfortunately I do not have any information about as to who their parents were or where they came from. They first appear at Bardrishaig on the Isle of Luing when their eldest child, Mary, was baptised on 17th August 1785. Mary was born in 1782. Archibald and Mary subsequently had the following children: Margaret (born circa 1783), Ann (no DOB), Alexander (my 2times great grandfather, born 1791) and Donald (born 1795). Do you know if there were other children?

Archibald and Mary moved from Luing to Craignish. It seems likely that Mary was their only child baptised on Luing. My gt. gt. grandfather, Alexander, was born at Soroba, Craignish. As far as I can tell, he was the eldest son, and so it is likely that Archibald's father was called Alexander. My side of the family remained in Craignish for over 50 years, when Alexander, Mary (his wife), and family moved across to Crarae on the shores of Loch Fyne. Donald, Archibald and Mary's younger son, Donald, remained in Craignish after his brother moved away, and a year or two ago I had some correspondence with one of his descendants.

I would be fascinated to know what information you have about Archibald and Mary and from which of their children you are descended.

Regards,
Jill
Jill Richmond
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

By all means communicate privately, but we also love to have some of these discussions in public for the benefit of recording these connections for future genealogist use. So by all means use the Forum to do it too!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

I have already PMed him (at least I hope I have as I'm not very good at this) and look forward to receiving a reply as this is potentially an exciting connection. If we come down on the same line, we are possibly second cousins xtimes removed. We shall see.

Jill
Jill Richmond