Cousin connection to Dr David Livingstone

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
jmlivingstone

Re: Cousin connection to Dr David Livingstone

Post by jmlivingstone »

Rachael,

The site below is what I normally use, not the cheapest around, but it's a Scottish government run site, so is legal, you can receive certs online, or hard copy.

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk,

John.
RaeReyn

Post by RaeReyn »

Thanks, John.

I've used this site before. I'll give it a further go with the new details.

Rachael
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Rachael,

Found a John Livingston Sr. who died in 1840 at the age of 70 in Maybole Parish, Ayrshire. I think he is probably the son of Archibald Livingston and Katharine Thompson you mentioned born in 1772 but he may actually be connected to John Livingston born abt. 1801 of Maybole Ayrshire. I am just guessing but it may be that John Livingston Sr. who died in Maybole in 1840 is the father of John Livingston born abt. 1801 and residing in Maybole Parish in the 1840's. We could be looking at two John Livinstons: one that lived in Maybole Parish and the other married to Agnes Dowie in neighbouring Colmonell Parish and also died before the 1841 Census. Given that the John Livingston who died at age 70 is referred to as John Livingston Sr. he must of had a son John Livingston Jr. who probably lived in Maybole so it looks like this is not the John Livingston who was married to Agnes Dowie of nearby Colmonell Parish.

regards,

Donald