Lost little brother Duncan David Livingston

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Alan Livingston

Lost little brother Duncan David Livingston

Post by Alan Livingston »

my ancestral search has come to a dead end with a poignant story passed down in my family. my great great great grandfather was Duncan David Livingston, who came to Scotland County, North Carolina, USA in the late 1700s. my late cousin wrote the following, a story that was passed down orally:

Duncan David came with his brothers-seven in all. The port of entry is not clear. The tale I remember is that they came into New York and , on disembarking, he, the youngest (perhaps 11 years old), was lost and never again saw or heard from his brothers. Granddaddy said that Duncan would ask any one who traveled to ask about any Livingstons and would give the family given names. Supposedly, a family from his area of Scotland, who came at the same time, brought him by way of wagon through the north-south valley route from New York to Richmond County (North Carolina).

it is just a shot in the dark, but does anyone recognize any part of this tale from their family lore?