Colin Livingston 1818-1867 of Kings County, PEI, Canada

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Canadian Livingstone

Colin Livingston 1818-1867 of Kings County, PEI, Canada

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Barry,

As I think I mentioned your ancestor Colin Livingston's PEI obituaries are not the only source which indicate that he lived in Cape Breton before the early 1860's. The 1921 Canadian Census information for his son Angus Livingston born abt. 1855 who was residing at Dundas in KIngs County Lot 55, PEI indicates that young Angus was at the time of his birth around 1855 residing in Cape Breton with father Colin Livingston 1818-1867 and family. The two PEI obituaries are more specific indicating that prior to residing in PEI Colin Livingston who died in 1867 lived in WHycocomagh, Cape Breton thus linking him possibly with Alexander Livingston b. 1814 of Skye Mountain, Whycocomagh, Cape Breton.

ANgus Livingston son of Colin Livingston I think died March 14, 1934 at the age of 81 at Dundas in Kings County, Prince Edward Island, Canada. If this is correct regarding Angus then his death record may verify his birth place in Cape Breton and perhaps even provide some more detail infomation on the place of death.The document is entry number 533 RG19/sz/356 PEI Death Registration books 1934. His age in this death record suggests a birth of about 1853 but information derived from records for birth dates I find often contradict one another.

Have not found Angus in the 1900 or 1911 census curiously enough. In the 1881 Census it states he was born in Nova Scotia. The 1921 Census though which states that Angus was born in 1855 in Cape Breton is helpful to your research and to helps support the notion that Angus and his father Colin were living in Cape Breton in Nova Scotia before the early 1806's which is also what those two PEI obituaries are also stating. While not a lot to work with, even this seems to point to the fact that ANgus was born in Cape Breton and probably lived in Whycocomagh in his youth with his father Colin and the rest of the family before moving on to PEI in the 1860's a few years before Colin's death.

regards,

Don