Colorado Tartan Day 2016

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
jmlivingstone

Colorado Tartan Day 2016

Post by jmlivingstone »

I copied this from Gatherings as the writer is also looking for info on his family,

John.

Re: Colorado Tartan Day 2016
Postby trickrun » May 5th, '16, 18:28

Hi,
It appears I have missed the Tartan Day, but am just starting my search for my Livingston family. From census records we came from our great great grandfather born in Scotland, lived in Canada, my great grandfather, William, born in Canada, moved to the US, married a woman we know as Anastasia or nettie, very young lady, had my Grampa Ralph, but changed their names to Riley probably due to pregnancy, and off to North Dakota. So, the Livingston name stops there and continues on as Riley.
So, I'm trying to track an unknown great Uncle's kids/grandkids, our cousins now who apparently don't know about us, either. Also, trying to go backwards from William Livingston, born in Canada and trace back to those roots.

I found out I was Scottish on my dad's side last year..we always, they always thought we were English, so quite a surprise. I was able to walk in the parade last year at the Highland games in Estes Park with the Stewarts, of which I learned we are seph's (sp?). Just learning all of this. My Mom refreshed my memory as we are also Halliday's, so will be digging into that clan as well. I have my Livingston tartan scarf now, and a sword pin and pin I wear on my hat now.

I live in Loveland and will start looking at all these forums here and hopefully will be able to attend various functions. My plan is to make it the Estes Park again this year and going forward. I saw the MacLea booth last year and as I walked by, saw all the spellings of Livingston's and figured yes, indeed, I am related to Dr. Livingstone, I presume, lol.
Hope to hear from you, can we give our email out here, how do we get in actual contact other than in a forum? Hmm, I saw the commissioner email address, all separated so it can't be hacked. Mine is trickrun attt yahoo.com
Thanks,
Trick Runions (long story about that name, both names)