Angus and Margaret Livingston of Scioto County, Ohio

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Canadian Livingstone

Angus and Margaret Livingston of Scioto County, Ohio

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi All,

This is the census info in Scioto County, Ohio for Angus Livingston born 1808 in Barr, Morvern and his wife also a Livingston, Margaret Livingston born in Fort William, Inverness-shire Scotland.Angus came to America in 1842 and his mother Catharine and his two brothers Duncan and John arrived with their widowed mother Catharine Livingston about 1845 from Morvern, Argyll, Scotland. I think the two Burke children William Burke Jr. and Hugh came also in 1845 and their parents William Burke Sr. and Sarah Livington I assume as well also Morvern residents. Angus and Margaret were married in New York City and settled in the 1840's in Vernon Township, Scioto County. I have no information as yet when Angus Livingston and his wife Margaret died and where they were buried. I assume sometime after 1880 for Margaret and some year earlier for Angus.

This is the U.S Census information pertaining to Angus and Margaret, their family and kin living with them

1850 Vernon Township, Scioto County, Ohio'
A. (Angus) Livingston age 30 b. Scotland
Margaret Livingston age 30 born Scotland
Duncan Livingston age 1 born Ohio
Archart ? Livingston age 30 (Perhaps the census taker mean't Archie?) born Scotland
Duncan Livingston age 28 born Scotland brother of Angus
John Livingston age 37? born Scotland brother of Angus
Catharine Livingston age 65 born Scotland mother of Angus (She was actually 75+)
William Burke age 22 born Scotland cousin of Angus
Hugh Burke age 10 or 20? born Scotland cousin of Angus

Catharine Livingston, mother of Angus Livingston of Wheelersburg, Porter Township, Ohio died in 1855. Her gravestone is located at the Old Wheelersburg Cemetery in Porter Township, Scioto County, Ohio. Information was extracted from her gravestone in the 1980' which states: Catharine widow of Duncan Livingston died September 30, 1855 age 83 years, 6 months. (This information helps to confirm that the husband of Catharine Livingston who died sometime before 1841 back in Morvern Parish, Argyllshire was in fact named Duncan Livingston as was suspected.

1860 Wheelersburg, Scioto County, Ohio
Angus Livingston age 40 farmer born Scotland
Margaret Livingston age 30 born Scotland
Duncan Livingston age 9 born Ohio
John Livingston age 60? brother of Angus born Scotland

1870 Porter, Scioto County, Ohio Wheelersburg
Douglas? Livingston age 56 born Scotland (Should be Angus I think)
Margaret Livingston age 46 born Scotland
Duncan Livingston age 20 born Ohio
John Livingston age 66? born Scotland brother of Angus
Duncan Livingston age 64? born Scotland brother of Angus
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Angus and Margaret Livingston of Scioto County, Ohio

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Last Census of remaining Livingston Scioto County, Ohio Scottish born Livingstons
1880 Census
Porter, SCioto County, Ohio

Duncan Livingston age 70 b. Scotland (Duncan Livingston b. Feb.11, 1810, Born Barr Morvern Parents: Duncan Livingston and katrine Livingston) Farmer
John Livingston age 82 b. Scotland brother b. abt. 1798?
Margaret Livingston age 70 b. Scotland sister in law ( died sometime between 1880 and 1890 presumingly) Jewel Brown in December of 2008 sent me a message indicating that in the Portsmouth Times of Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio 1880 indicated that she died Sept. 4, 1880.

No 1890 Census information

Margaret her husband Angus and his brothers may be buried in this area of Scioto County, Ohio

1880 Census Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio
Duncan Livingston age 29 b. Ohio Lawyer single