Catharine Livingston of Wheelersburg,Scioto County, Ohio

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Canadian Livingstone

Catharine Livingston of Wheelersburg,Scioto County, Ohio

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi All,
Latest update regarding the Scioto County, Ohio Livingstons of the 1800's
Catharine Livingston, mother of Angus Livingston of Wheelersburg, Porter Township, Ohio died in 1855. Her gravestone is located at the Old Wheelersburg Cemetery in Porter Township, Scioto County, Ohio. Information was extracted from her gravestone in the 1980' which states: Catharine widow of Duncan Livingston died September 30, 1855 age 83 years, 6 months. The info I think suggests she was born as early as about 1772. The 1850 census info from Vernon Township Scioto County, Ohio is off by at least 10 years. The census info back in Morvern, Argyllshire suggest she born in the 1770's around 1775. In any event I think it clear she was born in the 1770's and not 1780's. I suspect her husband Duncan Livingston was also born in the 1770's. (This information helps to confirm that the husband of Catharine Livingston who died sometime before 1841 back in Morvern Parish, Argyllshire was in fact named Duncan Livingston as was suspected. Some of the graves of the early settlers were originally situated apparently along the banks of the Scioto River and were moved to this cemetery back in 1917 and many in this cemetery are broken or knocked over. So it was great to find that local historians were able to locate Catharine's gravestone and that the information was still after all those years still legible. The information that her husband was Duncan Livingston helps to support the research that has been done in the past on this Scioto County Livingston family and confirms the notion that Catharine's late husband back in Morvern, Argyllshire was named Duncan Livingston as suspected.

Not certain where her son Angus livingston, his wife Margaret and her two other sons Duncan and John were buried. Angus died sometime between 1860 and 1870 and the others after 1880.

regards,

Donad