Introduction

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
DustinAshley

Introduction

Post by DustinAshley »

Greetings,

My name is Dustin Ashley and I am a descendant of the Boggs lineage that stems from James Boggs, who immigrated to Delaware in 1724 and died in 1736. Most of the family moved from Delaware and Pennsylvania to Kentucky and Virginia, to which many now live in Southwest Virginia.

My dilemma is that my connection to the Boggs name is through my mother's side and 5 generations apart. I'm not sure if I can take either the mtDNA or the Y-DNA test because it's not a direct paternal nor maternal line. So I welcome any advice that can be given.

At the same time, I welcome any potential relatives no matter how distant they are. At this time, the main connection I have to my ancestral roots is through Scottish fencing.

Dustin
Greg Livingston

Re: Introduction

Post by Greg Livingston »

Welcome, Dustin. Kyle MacLea or Andrew Lancaster would be able to answer that for you. Andrew can be reached at the following email dna (at) clanlivingstone (dot) com
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA