George Theophilus Livingstone of Canada

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Canadian Livingstone

George Theophilus Livingstone of Canada

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi all,
A request for info from Andrew Lancaster for John Livingstone.
George Theophilus Livingstone born in Guyana came to Canada in the early 1900's, worked for the CPR railway and died at Montreal in the Province of Quebec in the 1980's. I have checked the 1901 and 1911 Census records and the 1921 census unfortunately wont be available until 2013. I have advised Andrew that John's best bet would be contacting the Canadian Archives on how to get information on his father. While public access to more recent records is difficult it worth his while contacting the Canadian Archives or the government itself and finding out just what family information he can request of copies of in Canada besides birth, marriage and death records.

If anyone has information on George please let us know.

regards,

Donald
Andrew Lancaster

Re: George Theophilus Livingstone of Canada

Post by Andrew Lancaster »

A bit more information.
1. George is supposed to have been born in Guyana 1892.
2. I have been told his parents were named John Isaac Livingstone and Jane Dawdes.
3. Also I have been told that the wife of George was Gladys Louise Saunders.

I know we have lots of keen Canadians out there, and maybe we also have some people who might have some idea how to investigate Guyana?

Certainly a challenge anyway!

Best Regards
Andrew