George w. Livingston Born Pennsylvania abt. 1841 or 1842

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Canadian Livingstone

Re: George w. Livingston Born Pennsylvania abt. 1841 or 1842

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Jewel,

The requests were e-mail I received recently not requests via the forum. I guess that would be the simplest explanation. Some people prefer to e-mail requests for genealogical information.

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

We're just trying to protect privacy here, but if he wants to come by the Forum and introduce himself, he would be most welcome to!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hello Donald & Kyle,

Thank You for your answers. I'm definately in agreement with the protection of privacy.I just want to be absolutely sure that I'm not posting anything that has not been agreed to. The last thing I would want to do is present information that is not in agreement with the testee.

Thanks, Jewel
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Jewel,

They make a request for assistance permitting an personal e-mail response which I try to do providing we can locate the information. For one reason or another there have been more than a few requests for assistance of late. It has been a bit busy lately. Sorry to ask you all this info. I would be great if they dropped by the forum I agree.

regards,

Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Jewel,

In encouraging family research I do try to remind those we do research for from time to time that the principal goals of the Maclea Livingston Clan Society is to build a clan society.However with forum and the DNA project both receiving requests for family research info I made the decision to expand my research mandate and to respond to these requests. I received encouragement from I started working with regular visitors to the forum helping them with their genealogy and then decided to help others. Also I was doing my own research project which was to be a province by province study of the original Livingston settlers in Canada. My intention was to focus not on all Livingston settlers but just the ones that arrived before 1840 but I am somewhat flexible about that and I since expanded on the extent of the family research to include Scotland, USA etc. Since then and particularly this week we have had a good response particularly from some of those connected to Andrew and Kyle's DNA project site so it has been a bit busy. As my health is always precarious it is my goal to make sure that the groundwork is laid for a Maclea Livingstone research center with someone like you or Roberta or others to take charge. As it is you and Roberta have demonstrated excellence and competence to take on the most challenging of our family research projects and were are fortunate to have you and your cousin ROberta on board. If we become swamped which I doubt will happen then I could make an effort to access some U.S records but at this time my specialty is Scotland and to some degree Canada. Originally the idea was for a person or persons from each Country to contribute genealogy info but not written in stone rule regarding this. As was discussed recently the clan is not about nationality but about being a Livingston and I finally come around and decided afer a few years to embrace that view recently. As far as my own pioneer research of Canada I have almost all the preliminary info I need and am now just working on sorting out some details of first generation families of the pioneers which Roberta has been helping me with. I dont know how more info we can find on Livingston pioneers before 1830 in Canada but who knows. While genealogy is not everyones cup of tea I know that Baron Livingstone who has made the website and forum a reality over they years and our Clan Commissioner Kyle Mclea and our DNA Project Coordinator Andrew Lancaster are very supportive of what we are doing here as was the late Rob Livingston. Obviously this is not about one person nor can it be but about a team of family researchers which I hope grows in the future as we together learn about our kindred Livingstones and Macleas throughout the world. Without your knowledge and expertise I dare say this forum would be like a rudderless ship.

regards,

Donald
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hello Donald

I don't mind doing the work at all Donald, my point is that I just want to be absolutely sure that they know it is being placed on the forum for anyone to read. So if we can confirm that the testee is in agreement with that I would feel much better about it, as I'am the one who is putting it on the forum.

Yes, It would be nice to have all testees join us on the forum, the mor input the better.

Regards, Jewel
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Hi jewel,

I've sent an email requesting that he let me know if this discussion is out of bounds, but at the moment he has not replied. Let me assure you I will shut down any discussion or delete any thread that is not in the wishes of the people involved. So, I would say, rest easy. I am confirming with him that this discussion is fine, but if he wants it deleted or closed, I'll do that as soon as I know. Thank you for your concern! I had drawn his attention to the discussion earlier in the process with just that intention, but alas, he had not responded yet. I hope that will soon change.

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hello Donald and Kyle,

I want to thank you both for listening to my concerns in regards to my research. I really enjoy being of help to anyone who is trying to make connections with their family history. I get great satisfacation from doing this for people. I know the thrill of it when things come together from my own experiences.
To be a part of this great forum that has been created by Baron Livingston was something I never expected, but it has been such a pleasure. The enthusiasm from everyone envolved is really such a great thing to be a part of.
I didn't think there would be a problem in the past because most people seeking help have posted messages on the forum so I knew they were open to haveing the results of my research placed on the forum.
I feel much better now that there will be steps taken to avoid any problems that might come into play with my work. It would be easy for me to say " oh that would never happen" but the world is a little different these days as we all know and it is better to be safe than sorry.

Regards, Jewel
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hi Donald,
Stumbled across this death record for George Washington Livingston on the family Search pilot site and thought I would post it to confirm your post.
George Washington Livingston b. June 1842 Blain Co. Pennsylvania, Died:August 14,1925 Sterling, Jordon TWP. Whiteside Illinois. Parents: George Livingston and mother Dell , cemetery, Oswick church. certificate #0980220.

In 1900 Whiteside Ill. census: George W. Livingstone b . 1842 Pennsylvania, father b. Ireland mother b. Pennsylvania, no children listed .
wife Virginia,
In1880 census, Eagle Point Ill. George W. Livingston b. 1841 Pennsylvania, wife Virginia, children Charles A., Malon P., George W., Elsie B., Alexander M.

Jewel
Canadian Livingstone wrote:Hello Jewel and Roberta,

A Livingston descendant of George Washington Livington born abt. 1842 or 1841 in Pennsylvania is looking for George's father possibly also a George Livingston and his mother said to have been named Della. I did a preliminary search in the 1880 U.S Census and found George Washington Livingston and his wife Virginia and family living at Eagle Point, Ogle, ILinois in 1880 and it indicated that George was born in Pennsylvania as was his mother and father. I suspect therefore a search for George Washington Livingston as a child in the 1850 US census might help to locate his parents. I would assume George Washington Livingston to be about 8 or 9 in the 1850 Census likely in the State of Pennsylvania or perhaps Ilinois. Also try the 1860 U.S census as he might still be in Pennsylvania with his parents or possibly Illinois if they also settled there. Appreciate any help you can give Andrew and Kyle on this one.

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Good work, Jewel. No sign of the person in question, but glad you found that and can confirm!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA