Randomly Acquired Information

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
beadmom

Randomly Acquired Information

Post by beadmom »

In the course of searching through cemetery records, for instance lately in the state of Colorado and California, I run across plenty of Livingston(e)s. I am sure the rest of you do too. Is this data collected anywhere so if someone can use it later we can still find it or is it just too much to categorize?

Am I dropping the ball here? Could I be more helpful?

Thanks, Ginger
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Randomly Acquired Information

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

HI Ginger,

Family history research, Genealogy if you like, is an interest shared by many people and almost every County in the United States and Canada I would suspect has a group of dedicated family historians who are in the process of copying cemetery information. Many already have done so on behalf of County or local genealogy and history groups and often this information ends up on a website. Like census records and church records, cemetery records are invaluable source of information. In many cases, in particular with abandoned pioneer cemeteries there are no published cemetery records kept by a cemetery board so more often than not what is required is the backbreaking work of dedicated volunteers to painstakingly transcribe information from gravestones some of which are weatherworn and hard to read. So no task for the faint of heart.

With the advent of the internet and internet Genealogy I would suspect that you can easily check with genealogists or local historians in Jefferson County, Colorado regarding what research resources including cemetery records are available in the area where your Livingston family resided. The same could probably be said of any State where your family were located. Almost any where you go there are people doing their family history and genealogical information.

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

I encourage any and all finds of records of our constituent families to be submitted to this Forum for archival. Anyone who comes to the Forum can search for it, and the public areas are picked up by search engines as well, so people can find references and be brought into the Forum.

I would love to see such records as people find appear on the Forum! Roberta has been transcribing some for us--anyone else who is so inclined I would like to encourage.

However, as Donald said, many others have taken on this work, so it pays to make sure someone else hasn't already done it before diving in yourself! :roll:

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Kyle;

Here is acquired information that could be valuable to some.

1817, October at Judique.
Angus Livingston by falling overboard from the shallop, in a storm, at the mouth of the Gut without any person but a little boy. He was a fine man. His age 35 years.

Shallop: noun, archaic: a small light open boat propelled by sail or oars. Canadian Gage Dictionary.

Regards;

Roberta
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Great find for a sad story, Roberta!

K=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Roberta,

Interesting find. Could this Angus Livingston of Judique have been a younger brother of John Livingston of the Judique area who married Isabel McDonald?

regards,

Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald;

I am glad you are back.

Well, he could be a brother of John P. Livingstone said to be born in Fort William 1773. This Angus, however, was 35 in 1817 making him born 1782.

The only Angus I could find who was born around that time was born about 1781 Of, Inverary, Argyll and he married Mary Sinclair b. c. 1785, same place.

Children: Donald b. Dec. 13, 1807 - Inverary
Duncan b. Sept. 5, 1814 - Inverary

I should also add the John P. Livingstone of Judique did name his first son Angus b. 1837 d. 1847.

Regards;

Roberta
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi All;

1852 Census of Canada - Kitley township - Leeds County- Ontario
page 23d, 30a, (125)

Livingston, Duncan farmer age 44.........born May 31, 1808----died Jan. 10, 1872, Leeds - married Feb.26, 1840, Kitley, Leeds Co. father Duncan, Mother Zeta Ketchum.......Wife Clarinda........age 36..................................nee Lyman
Children....Miles age 11
...............Morton age 7
...............Lawson age 4
.............. Lydia Emeline age 2
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

...continued Elizabethtown, Leeds County
p.52d.53a, (106)

Livingston, Henry.........age 51
Ellen...............35
Maryann............9
Celia................7
Richard.............4
Isabella.............?

29d, 30a188
Livingston, Dixon.....age 35 residence is out of limits.
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

...continued Kitley Township
1.1d,2a,(81)

Livingston, Robert............age 54
.............Charlotte...............42
............Nancy...................22
............Teresa..................18
............William Reiley.........16
............James Lewis...........13
............John Nelson............11