Donald David Livingstone iv

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Kyle MacLea

Re: Donald David Livingstone iv

Post by Kyle MacLea »

I have this 1886 marriage:

M 1886 M LIVINGSTON DONALD MCLEAN ANNIE BLYTHSWOOD GLASGOW CITY/LANARK Scotland 644/07 0031 Scotlands People SR Marriages

This is probably what you mean?
It's the only Donald/Annie marriage at the right time.

here are 3 birth records to Donald Livingston and Sarah Livingston in Movern:

B 27/09/1842 LIVINGSTON CATHERINE F LIVINGSTON DONALD LIVINGSTON SARAH FR127 Morvern /ARGYLL Scotland 528/ 0020 0072 Scotlands People OPR Births
B 01/02/1847 LIVINGSTON JANET F LIVINGSTON DONALD LIVINGSTON SARAH FR133 Morvern /ARGYLL Scotland 528/ 0020 0078 Scotlands People OPR Births
B 02/03/1850 LIVINGSTON SARAH F LIVINGSTON DONALD LIVINGSTON SARAH FR136 Morvern /ARGYLL Scotland 528/ 0020 0081 Scotlands People OPR Births

I can't find a marriage though.

But seems like the right family, possibly?

Kyle=

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

HI Kyle,

I just noticed from Donald's birth record of 1856 that both Donald and Sarah were Morvern Livingstons.

I think we can assume that Donald Livingston b.1856 at Morvern married Annie McLean not Macleod. Yes the census records indicated Annie was from Glasgow so I not surprised that the marriage took place in Glasgow actually in 1886. Donald was the first child born in 1886 and I assume he may be Donald David's grandfather. Donald David's father Donald was born in 1922 in Locharbriggs, Scotland so I assumed I was looking for a Donald Livingston that was born in the 1880's or 1890's for his grandfather. Seems like a good guess. So what do you make of the ANnie McLean or Annie Mcleod. Interesting situation.

regards,

Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald, Donald D. and Kyle;

While I hesitate to insinuate my research into your tedious and yeomans service for our cousin; I must say that I recognised the name Stick.
Mary Stick, spinster, married John Levingston, bachelor; November 9, 1844, Halifax County, N.S.

I am following your research with great interest and it fortifies my belief in DNA testing; especially the 67 markers.
Donald David is very fortunate to have you on the trail of his ancestors.

Additionally, Edgar Franklin Stick son of Frank A. Stick and Martha Ann Harrison of Truro, N.S. was born July 7, 1907.

Jean Livingston b. Feb. 14, 1887 is living with William A. and Barbara Livingston, Truro, N.S.

Best Regards;

Roberta
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Canadian Livingstone wrote:So what do you make of the ANnie McLean or Annie Mcleod. Interesting situation.
Certainly possible it is a perfectly easy to make mistake with such common Scottish names... Also, there is the possibility she could have been married before? Unfortunately, if there's not a MacLea/Livingstone in one of the names, we wouldn't have it. Her death certificate would probably have that if it were the case?

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Kyle,
Fortunately there are still one or two solutions to settle this annoying quandary and that is to the find marriage record of DOnald David's grandfather Donald Livingston b.1886 probably sometime between 1910 and 1922 when Donald David's father was born. It might name the grooms father and the grooms mother Annie McLean or Mcleod then if so we can say for certain. Also as you said find a death record of Donald David's great grandmother t o see if she was Annie Mclean of McLeod. I think however we a need a document which shows Donald David a connectiing link between this Donald Livingston and Annie Mclean and his known grandfather Donald David Livingston that came to Canada and his wife whom he knows for certain. The marriage record between Donald's grandfather and his grandmother is what I really am looking for at the moment. The problem is I cant narrow down the year of marriage so I will have search over several years between 1910 and 1922 in Scotland and I am sure what COunty. I do however know both their names if you would like to help.

regards,

Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hello Donald David,

Can you found out when your grandparents Donald Livingston and Jean Currie married in Scotland? Probably sometime between 1910 and 1922 when your father was born in Locharbriggs, Scotland I would assume.
regards,
Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Scotlandspeople does have up to 1933, but I don't know where our DB stops in terms of marriage records. Will need to check.

Unfortunately, our DB stops in 1906, so it is not useful. This will need to be a ScotlandsPeople inquiry, unless Donald David knows the information!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
Canadian Livingstone

HI Kyle,

THere is yet another way to link Donald David to the Livingstons I have researched at Lettermore/Ballachulish in the late 1800's. If Donald David can locate the cemetery where his grandfather Donald Livingston is located he can give the birthdate and we can closely match to the 1886 birthdate we have the Donald I located son of Donald and Annie. Or he could give me his grandfathers deathdate and then we locate from Canada where he died a death record which should contain his full birth date. I would then compare his grandfathers birthdate with my Donald b.1886 son of Donald and Annie and this might very well tell me if this is the same family. In the end we could work around the whole isssue of whether it was Annie Macleod or Annie McLean and just determine that Donald Livingston born 1886 that I located is almost certainly Donald Douglas Livingston's grandfather. Hope this makes sense. THe grandfather came to Canaada with Donalds father in the 1900's so he likely died in ALberta or somewhere like that in the 1900's. If Donald David could go to the cemetery or send away for a copy of his grandfathers death record from the government we could relatively easily sort this out. Going this route all I need is see whether his grandfather Donald Livingston was born on a specific date in 1886 or really just 1886 for that matter.

regards,
Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Kyle,
Based on the info from the Census and birth records I am getting the sense that Donald David Livingstons possible ancestors lived along the old road to Glencoe in the Lettermore/Ballachulish area. I am seeing their place of residence listed as Benvear House in the 1880's and 1890's. I looked on the Thompson Map and have pretty good idea where they lived in this general area. Many of the more obscure towns mentioned in Argyll parish records are on the map.

regards,

Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Kyle and Donald;

Could this be them: Queens Park Cemetery and Mausoleum, 32 Ave.& 4th St. NW. Calgary, Alberta. Established 1940

Donald D. Livingston b. 1886 d. 1950
Jeannie Livingston b. 1883 d. 1962
Anne Livingston B. 1880 D. 1972

Regards;

Roberta