Donald David Livingstone iv

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Donald David Livingstone iv

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Jewel,

I have not seen that painting before. I wonder if we could get that on our gallery. I am sure we would all like to see it. I was hoping to someday get a painter to paint a first class painting of Donald Livingston at Culloden 1746 for the Society but it sound like you already have a nice painting or print of old Donald. Yes you have no idea how long I have been searching for a possible Livingston descendant of DOnald Livingston of Savary, Morvern for the Society.

regards,

Donald
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hi Donald,

What I have is a picture , of a painting that someone had taken when they were vacationing in Edinburgh. I also have a picture of the Clan Colours. which is framed , blood stains and all and kept at the Edinburgh Museum I believe. Pictures were not suppose to be taken, but someone broke the rules. I'll have to see if Roberta remembers who gave this info to me, as I remember sending copies to Roberta.

I would be more than happy to try to figure out how to transfer a copy of both of these pictures to the forum for display. The picture of Donald is really great. It shows him presenting the clan colour to the widow with two men weapon in hand, guarding the door.

Jewel
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Jewel;

Yes, the person who took that picture was "Cassie" Livingstone of 150 Whitney Ave., Sydney. It was Mary Livingstone Egan who gave the pic to your brother our your Aunt Meg. Cassie was a teacher, never married. She is listed in my McAlpine directory of 1917. Sneaky Cassie knew she wasn't allowed, but she did anyway and it is a wonderful rendition of Donald Livingstone with the Staff.
Did you put the pic on the Gallery, please do...

Regards;

Roberta
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hello Donald ,

I am haveing trouble at getting the pic of Donald Livingstone on the Gallery, it gives me an error message, "Exceeded filesize" This is a black and white 8X10 picture maybe that is the problem.

Jewel
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Hi Donald,

Good thinking! Well what I did was e-mail it to Kyle so maybe he can find out more about it.

Jewel
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Jewel,

Sounds like a good idea.

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Thanks for sending that, Jewel, I will post it as soon as I can!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Jewel,

Donald David is now actually Donald Livingston the FIfth if you include his great-great grandfather Donald Livingston b.1796 at Morvern. (I subsequently found out that Donald Livingston born abt. 1796 or 1794 was the son of Donald Livingston and Catharine McInnes so I guess that makes Donald David Livingston the sixth Donald Livingston of his family line. At least as far back as can document his ancestors.)

I was also able to confirm that Sarah Livingston was was infact likely born in 1815 rather than 1816 as suggested by the census records. I have found her in the Morvern Parish at Savary the daughter of Adam and Mary Livingston of Savary baptised 13 August 1815. So Sarah also originated from Savary as I suspected and is almost certainly in my oppinion a grandaughter of the famous Donald Livngstone of Savary, Morverrn. (Contrary to what I originally stated here we cant prove any family connection with famous Donald Livngstone with Sarah Livingstones husband Donald Livngston b. 1796 just to his wife Sarah Livingston, daughter of Adam Livngston the Savary Miller.)

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Jewel wrote:I would be more than happy to try to figure out how to transfer a copy of both of these pictures to the forum for display. The picture of Donald is really great. It shows him presenting the clan colour to the widow with two men weapon in hand, guarding the door.
Thanks, Jewel!

The image "Bringing Home the Colours" is found in the user gallery here:

http://www.clanlivingstone.info/copperm ... um=3&pos=3

The text describing it is here:

http://www.clanlivingstone.info/copperm ... um=3&pos=2

(NOTE: This text is factually wrong in a number of points.)

Hope this works?

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

HI Jewel,
A nice addition to the gallery.
I am sorry that we can't thank old Cassie Livingstone of Sydney, Nova Scotia. Was she a relative of yours?

regards,

Donald