Possible connection to the Livingston's of New York

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Greg Livingston

Re: Possible connection to the Livingston's of New York

Post by Greg Livingston »

Well that wasn't right. Just what I get for trying to work on something when all my information is at a different location. :oops: It's James DAVID Livingston born 1786 not James Duane. :( Not sure how I got off on that tangent. Back to the drawing board.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Alas! Keep at it, Greg!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Greg Livingston

Well, Donald Livingston Clink and I have been working on this problem since the beginning of last month. We have made LOADS of discoveries that have added information to the known families, more connections of those to other families, where most of them were born, AND one more generation back. DNA information has, to the best of my knowledge, eliminated the connection to the Livingston's of New York or at least lessened the possibility. Donald and I will be adding to this thread over the next week or so as we polish up what we've found and confirmed. As a teaser, I now have more than one connection back to the British Isles. :D
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

A Family Tree which may provide research links to the NY Livingstons...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livingston_family
Greg Livingston

Bruce

We have proved that there is no connection between my ancestors and the Livingstons of New York. We were fairly sure by June of 2012 and when I joined the clan DNA project it was proven not to exist.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
Greg Livingston

Donald and I, mainly Donald, are so close to getting this straightened out. We've found missing people, dates, and locations. We've found that there have been people added that didn't exist except in someone's tree that they posted. So, we're going over everything to make sure it's correct and makes sense before putting it out. We should be finished soon.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA