The Livingstons of Boularderie, Cape Breton, NS, Canada

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Kyle MacLea

Re: The Livingstons of Boularderie, Cape Breton, NS, Canada

Post by Kyle MacLea »

I see Ann Capstick was still active on various archives in 2008. Maybe this email would work?

http://newsfeed.rootsweb.com/th/read/NS ... 1206230168

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Donald Re: Land Petition

Livingstone, Archibald...........year 1825

Petition to Wallace: Petitioner is a native of Scotland, age 21, single, asks for a lot on the north side of Bouladerie near the entrance of the Bras d'Or. The lot was formerly located to petitioner's brother, Lauchlin, who resigned it and has gone to Europe. Note: a fisher's lot, 100 acres. Approved.

I made a note that Archibald was born.c. 1804 and Lauchlin age 26 in 1825, I made this note in 2002.

Livingstone, Angus Year 1820

Petition to Ainslie: Petitioner, a native of Scotland is married and has eight children. He has lived in Cape Breton since September, 1819. He served in the Navy. He asks for a lot on the west side of
Bouladerie Note: Recommended, Name "Kilninian"

Regards;

Roberta
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Kyle;

Au contrair, or something like that. Looks more like E. Ann forwarded Mr. Ford's messege for someone else to answer.
I guess it's all in the eye's of the beholder.

Regards;

Roberta
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

True, but I guess if one is capable of forwarding, one is still around in 2008? :lol:

That was all I was getting at... she may be "reachable."

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Roberta,

Yikes so his son Archibald was 21 in 1825 which could give a birthdate of 1803 or 1804 though I think that Ann Capstick stated it was 1804 which kinda puts a damper on my 1803 theory. I should check and see what age he is recorded as in the 1871 and 1881 Census.

regards,

Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald;

Archibald was born December 23, 1803.
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Kyle,
Sorry to trouble you with this.
Can you check with Scotlands people info and see if you can find a Laughlin Livingston or Livingstone b.1799 anywhere in Western Argyllshire at that time and also a Roderick Livingston possibly b.1810 or around that time. THey will likely be baptisms and so it might be 1799 1800 something like that for Laughlin and 1810 1811 for Roderick. Im looking for father Angus Livingston mother Christian or Christina but it could be an Angus and someone else perhaps if we are wrong bout Angus and Christian. If you can. I dont think its there but I thought perhaps they were baptised in another parish.

regards,

Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Hello Ryan,

Are you in touch with any Livingston cousins in Bras d'or? We would appreciate it if we could make contact with them on behalf of the Clan Maclea Livingstone Society. We have done genealogical DNA testing of some Cape Breton and PEI families and I know our CLan Society and the Maclea Livingstone DNA Project coordinators would love to have a Bras d'or Livingston from Cape Breton tested. I am hoping to get in the next year or so one Mull River and one Bras d'or Livingston tested to see if there is any family connection. Any assistance on this project with Kyle Mclea Andrew Lancaster and myself would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald;

Lachlan Levingston Baptised: June 2, 1779, Sorne, Mull

father: Angus Levingston
Mother: Christian Cameron

Roderick Livingston was registered by E. Ann Capstick. There are no dates. Just the name of the father Angus Livingston.

Regards;

Roberta
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald;

Roderick couldn't have been the brother of Lauchlan and Alexander. You said he was born 1810. Well by his own hand, Angus Livingston said he came with eight Children and there are only 8 listed. Actually 9, but the first Catherine 1800 must have died and another Catherine was born.
He must have been the son of another Angus Livingston, maybe another Angus.
Regards;

Roberta