List of Highland Livingston Subscribers 1813

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Canadian Livingstone

List of Highland Livingston Subscribers 1813

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi All,

Cant for the life of me figure out where I found this but it is an old list of subscribtion list apparently for a Scottish history book published in 1813. At least one of these Livingstons I think may be the Adam Livingston of Savary who is connected to Donald Livingston 1728-1816 of Savary and his family. One of the Adam Livingstons at Savary was apparently a Miller there in the early 1800's. I made a note of this list after I stumbled upon it some months ago. It did not make alot of sense to me at the time except that is appeared to be some sort of early 19th century subscription list that for some reason included highland Livingstons circa 1813. I am sorry that I could not make better sense of it at the time but I was most interested with the names I located.

To the Right Honorable Alexander Wentworth, Lord MacDonald of the Isles 1813

(The List of Subscribers for a publication "Exploits of Warriors of Our Country"?)

Allan Livington Old Mill Appin
Duncan Livingston Ballachulish
John Livingston Corran
Allan Livingston Fort Willliam
Duncan Livingston Hayfield
Donald Livingston Tobermory
Adam Livingston Savary
John Livingston Craignish
Allan Livingston Fort William

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Re: List of Highland Livingston Subscribers 1813

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Interesting find--not just the names, but the places too. Places we've seen many times. Nice!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Re: List of Highland Livingston Subscribers 1813

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kyle,

ALexander Wentworth McDonald Bosville became Lord MacDonald of the Isles in 1911. The date 1813 was mentioned in the document I saw but perhaps it just referred to the book. Something not quite right here. I can easily look for Adam Livingston of Savary to prove whether or not he is in later 19th century records or earlier.

regards,

Donald