Harrison Lincoln Livingstone, Marble Mountain, Cape Breton

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.
Kyle MacLea

Re: Harrison Lincoln Livingstone, Marble Mountain, Cape Breton

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Thanks, Barry! Great info, and many other obits of interest there as well!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Alan L MacLeod

Post by Alan L MacLeod »

Harrison was my great-uncle and a VIIP in my life -- very influential & important person. Yes, he was a 'Boularderie Livingstone', the 11th and last child of Capt. William and Sarah (MacLean) Livingstone, and a great-grandson of the Boularderie pioneer, Angus. Harrison was a man of many and varied interests: genealogist and family historian, WWI veteran active in the disarmament movement, scholar of the Norse sagas, lover of poetry -- among many others. In 1965 he found the land at Big Bras d'Or through no family connections, fell for it and acquired it. He was never happier than in the 18 years he was able to enjoy his Marble Mountain shangri-la.

Harrison is the person responsible for igniting both my interest in Livingstone family history and in the Great War.

The Flickr connection mentioned above is likely mine. I have two photo sets on Flickr that may be of interest: one devoted to Harrison and four brothers who fought in WWI, the other a set of 15 photos labeled simply 'Harrison':

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigadore/s ... 974132895/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigadore/s ... 692008563/

Alan Livingstone MacLeod
Victoria BC & Big Bras d'Or NS
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Thanks, so much, Alan! Those pictures are great--and it is always great to hear a little more about someone mentioned in the genealogies. If anything, it sounds like a great many people in, and out, of your family owe him a debt for his many contributions!

Our many contributors to the Forum truly make this one of the best genealogy places on the planet, IMHO.

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Livingstone_PEI

Post by Livingstone_PEI »

Hi Alan

My roots are in the Livingstones of Whycocomagh in case you haven't read. Nice to have more Cape Breton researchers on board. Please feel free to give your comments on anything you read here. We always stand to be corrected and look forward to it.

Barry