Support Your Local Celtic Society

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
beadmom

Support Your Local Celtic Society

Post by beadmom »

I am very happy I was invited to the High Desert Celtic Society Meeting & Samhain Bonfire.

I know they are looking for committee members to get the festival work started for next year. It's a very small group that puts on a decent sized affair. Without one more person they are considering not doing it.

We had so much fun this year we are happy be included.

If you are not already, I would encourage clan members to get involved with their local societies as this is a great way to promote the clan and as you can see, ONE person can make a difference.

SLANTE!

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Re: Support Your Local Celtic Society

Post by Kyle MacLea »

That's great, Ginger. Let them know you'll take a discount for the Clan tent.... :lol:

I definitely agree that when I am more settled I am going to help out as much as I can. Of course, since I'll be doing at least 2 clan tents a year for us, perhaps more than that may be ambitious. But I have to try to top what Greg's already done for the Clan tents, which would be a big undertaking to be sure!

Anyway, fabulous, Ginger. BTW, looked at that recipe too, but not sure I like to mix my apples with my squash....

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Kyle MacLea wrote:but not sure I like to mix my apples with my squash....
But the scotch with the pie sounds bette I bet :D
Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

You do have that right.... :D

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

Well, Kyle, you will need to step up your game next year. Here in this area for next year we have Tartan Day in April, Elizabeth in July, Highlands Ranch in August, Estes Park and Edgewater in September. If at all possible, I will head down to Albuquerque in May.

But, yes, I agree with Ginger. The local St. Andrews Society is always a good place to get started. I've been meeting with them during their happy hours whenever possible. Many of these same people are involved in local highland festivals and can help you get started or improve what you have been doing to promote your clan society, in our case, the Clan MacLea (Livingstone) Society.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

We had a wonderful time at the Samhain bonfire and sent the quake around with some fine fine stuff. The meeting was great too. I almost got hijacked for the board and did actually feel like I was going to be useful.

Another gal that was there was someone from The Donkey Club I had not seen in years.....she did get hijacked.

Ginger
D.W.Livingston

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Just wanted to throw in that this weekend is the Tucson Celtic Festival and Highland Games. I will be there Friday the 5th through Sunday the 7th.
Saturday is the Clan Parade at Noon if anyone is in the area and wishes to attend!!!
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

Wish I could be there, David. Next year I do plan on getting out to more festivals and yours is on my list. Of course, it will happen only "if I can", pun intended. :D
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA