Longs Peak Scottish/Irish Festival and Highland Games

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
Greg Livingston

Longs Peak Scottish/Irish Festival and Highland Games

Post by Greg Livingston »

In two weeks I will be setting up the clan tent in Estes Park for the Longs Peak Scottish/Irish Festival and Highland Games. I will arrive on Thursday afternoon, set up, and then hit some of the evening entertainment. I will not be on of the stewards for the piping competition this year since my helper decided to move to Oregon, thanks Kyle :D That's ok, it was a little too much the last two years trying to do both. It would still be nice to have one of our local members spell me for an hour or two so that I can get to some of the other things going on such as piping competition, bands and visiting the various vendors. My sister will be helping a little but her primary job is replacing me as a piping steward so she won't have that much time.

If you are in Colorado and haven't been to the Estes Park games you are missing a great weekend. If I'm not mistaken, this festival is the highest altitude Celtic festival and highland games sitting at 7,504 ft altitude. If you go to Google Earth and have it take you to 40* 22' 21.28" N / 105* 29' 52.50 W you will see the area that is used for the festival AND the picture there actually shows how much room it takes up! The entire area between N St Vrain Ave down to Manford Ave on the south and from 5th & 4th St east to the lake. The two long tents next to the road in the middle are clan tents. Clan MacLea (Livingstone) will be in the one to the south and the row inside nearest the road. There are around 75 to 80 clans this year. By the way, the picture in Google Earth was taken on the Saturday of last years festival and probably near the end of the day based on the number of people on the grounds.

So, come on up and visit with me! Even if you don't have the time to spell me at the tent I will enjoy the company.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Kyle MacLea

Re: Longs Peak Scottish/Irish Festival and Highland Games

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Awesome that they took a photo during the festival!

Sorry I can't be there, Greg.

It's a tremendous event, and really fun to work the clan tent. If you can help out Greg, I really encourage you to--even an hour would be appreciated!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Greg Livingston

Re: Longs Peak Scottish/Irish Festival and Highland Games

Post by Greg Livingston »

For those that will be there Saturday morning for the parade, please join me at the Big Horn Resturant between 9 and 9:30 AM and walk with Clan MacLea (Livingstone). The more we have the the better we represent our clan! I'll be the one in the Livingstone kilt carrying the Clan MacLea parade banner! :D
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA