WA State Games and Gatherings 2013

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
livingstoneancestry

WA State Games and Gatherings 2013

Post by livingstoneancestry »

Any chance we have any other members up in the Washington State region who might be interested in hosting a clan tent at one of more events this year? Or possibly consider going to Victoria CA for their gathering. The Victoria Gathering is suppose to be very nice and one of the oldest. Last year I met a few individuals at a couple of the games that I thought might be interested

There's are several games thru out WA, including just from Seattle north. Last year I attended both the Skagit Valley Games in Mt Vernon and the Pacific NW Highland Games in Enumclaw (Seattle foothills area). Both were very large

Suzanne
Kyle MacLea

Re: WA State Games and Gatherings 2013

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Suzanne,

Email me off the Forum to discuss my schedule for helping out. I'd definitely like to, but I have some complications to my helping which I'd rather discuss on email.

The Games sound like a lot of fun. I hope you are able to find other(s) as well who may be interested in helping, from the people you met at previous games.

Kyle
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

Suzanne,

It would be great to have someone else in Washington that would host our clan tent. I don't have any names at this time, other than Kyle, but am always searching.

Kyle,

I plan on replacing the tent with an Easy Up in the next couple weeks. Do you want me to look into shipping the old one to you?
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Hi Greg,

If it's affordable to send it I would be happy to have it! I can reimburse you for shipping costs, or we can reimburse some other way (Aberlour? Lismore?) when next we meet.

Kyle
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
kbensley

Post by kbensley »

Hi! Is anyone going to any games this summer in WA? I'm now in Seattle and would love to meet up. I haven't gone to Highland Games or Gatherings before but was thinking of going to the one in Enumclaw to try it out. Will we have a clan tent there? Is anyone else going? Does anyone have any advice about PNW games?
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

Sorry for the delay in answering. I've been getting ready for one here in Colorado.

Our Convener for Washington moved to California last summer so we don't have anyone there to host the tent at this time. I am always looking for people that enjoy festivals and would be interested in hosting our clan tent. Please do visit the festival and talk with those hosting other clan tents and then let me know if you would like to host for our clan.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Kara,

If we were staying in the area, I was hoping to hit Enumclaw, but it's not to be as we leave Portland in a couple weeks to go to New England.

But Greg can help you if you'd like to consider hosting a tent, even something really low-key (a table, chair, and homemade sign) if you wanted to. But his suggestion of doing a visit and seeing potentially about hosting at a future date would be great too. It's really a blast--and Greg helps you out so much to make it really rather easy. Plus the other clans are ALSO a huge help. I would recommend it--but regardless, go, enjoy, and chat with all the other clans too--it's a lot of fun!

Kyle
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA