Woodland Highland Games

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
livingstoneancestry

Woodland Highland Games

Post by livingstoneancestry »

Hi All

The Caledonian Club of Sacramento presented the 137th annual Sacramento Valley Scottish Games & Festival on Saturday April 27th and Sunday April 28th at the Yolo County Fairgrounds. Weather both days was very nice and warm with record temps in the mid 90's.

This was our first games of the season in California and our second time in California altogether. It was nice to see some familiar faces from the 2011 Pleasanton Games. There were a few that did recognize my son and I (we just couldnt remember each others names). The clan tents were in an area called the Glen of Clans. There were about 50+ clans present plus various Celtic, Scottish and other societies.

There was music from Wicked Tinkers (very popular) and 1976 were the headliner entertainers. There were at least two full buildings of inside vendors plus several outside vendors. Lots of food vendors as well. they also had a section with several animals including dogs, cats, lamb, highland cattle and Clydesdale horses. We had several children stop by for their passport stamps. The tea towels with the Clans of Scotland and Scottish words/dictionary continue to be a favorite for people to stop by and check out. We did have one person sign in and request info on our clan.
Kyle MacLea

Re: Woodland Highland Games

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Excellent work, keep it up!

I'll have some replies to your messages soon, Suzanne!

Kyle
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Greg Livingston

Re: Woodland Highland Games

Post by Greg Livingston »

Great work, Suzanne. I know you and your son had fun there.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA