Tucson Celtic Festival & Scottish Highland Games!

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
D.W.Livingston

Post by D.W.Livingston »

http://www.tucsoncelticfestival.org/index.html

November 1st through the 3rd!
I will be attending these games and am putting in for a booth/tent.

I am just wondering what stuff I should have out for the Clan? Also what little tricks have people found to keep things safe from the wind (last time I used rocks)... and other tips and tricks people might have had.

Thank you everyone!!
David
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Greg Livingston

Re: Tucson Celtic Festival & Scottish Highland Games!

Post by Greg Livingston »

I have a new EZ Up tent with side walls that I use. That helps cut down on the wind entering the tent when it's windy. There are 3 stakes, an 11 pound weight and a staked rope in each corner to hold down the tent. I try to have minimal items on the table that will blow around and then weigh them down with heavier items such as books. Most of the time there is just a breeze but it can get real windy here in the mountains so I plan for the worst and hope for the best. I haven't lost anything to the wind other than a tent back in April. It was the first time with that one and I didn't get it staked properly so it ended up flipped, ripped and bent. Nothing else was damaged since it wasn't fully set up yet. Sign in sheets are in a notebook which holds them there but they can get the page changed without warning. :lol: I have plastic info/pamphlet easel(s) for the DNA and Clan Society information sheets with a binder clip holding them in place. That's about it. Had the Saltire flying last weekend and it was straight out with the wind, looked great.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA