Sacramento Valley Woodland Games

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
livingstoneancestry

Sacramento Valley Woodland Games

Post by livingstoneancestry »

The Caledonian Club of San Francisco held their 138th annual Sacramento Valley Scottish Games & Festival this past weekend Saturday April 26th and Sunday April 27th at the Yolo County Fairgrounds in Woodland CA.

BIG difference in weather compared to last year. Last year at the Games we were having record heat in the mid 90's. This year we were barely hitting 70 degrees. The Friday before the Games we had seen a major rainfall come thru the area and we had chosen to wait to set up until Saturday to it. We missed the rain but LOTS of mud the next morning. Sun came out and stayed out most of the day on Saturday. Sunday it couldnt make up its mind and the weatherman was saying rain, but it stayed dry with a light breeze at times.

Woodland Games always has lots to see and do. Plenty of vendors and good music, like Wicked Tinkers in addition to food, games for kids, lots of beer, harping, dancing and heavy athletics. We had about 65 clans and societies present in the Glen of Clans. A couple of additional items this year at our tent. I now have a 8x10 picture of Lismore Isle in a frame. Also have an 8x10 listing of the Clan DNA projects names. We had one possible relation stop by our tent.

Next up for me are the Modesto Games, 1st weekend in June
Kyle MacLea

Re: Sacramento Valley Woodland Games

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Bravo, Suzanne! I wish I were there to help you out with these events, the tent looks great and you've done a great job at being an active participant in every Games. Bravo!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com