Colorado Tartan Day 2016

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
Greg Livingston

Colorado Tartan Day 2016

Post by Greg Livingston »

For those in Colorado, USA, I will be setting up the clan tent at the Boulder County Fairgrounds in Longmont, CO, on 9 & 10 April. Come on out for a visit, a wee dram, and enjoy the pipes with me.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
trickrun

Re: Colorado Tartan Day 2016

Post by trickrun »

Hi,
It appears I have missed the Tartan Day, but am just starting my search for my Livingston family. From census records we came from our great great grandfather born in Scotland, lived in Canada, my great grandfather, William, born in Canada, moved to the US, married a woman we know as Anastasia or nettie, very young lady, had my Grampa Ralph, but changed their names to Riley probably due to pregnancy, and off to North Dakota. So, the Livingston name stops there and continues on as Riley.
So, I'm trying to track an unknown great Uncle's kids/grandkids, our cousins now who apparently don't know about us, either. Also, trying to go backwards from William Livingston, born in Canada and trace back to those roots.

I found out I was Scottish on my dad's side last year..we always, they always thought we were English, so quite a surprise. I was able to walk in the parade last year at the Highland games in Estes Park with the Stewarts, of which I learned we are seph's (sp?). Just learning all of this. My Mom refreshed my memory as we are also Halliday's, so will be digging into that clan as well. I have my Livingston tartan scarf now, and a sword pin and pin I wear on my hat now.

I live in Loveland and will start looking at all these forums here and hopefully will be able to attend various functions. My plan is to make it the Estes Park again this year and going forward. I saw the MacLea booth last year and as I walked by, saw all the spellings of Livingston's and figured yes, indeed, I am related to Dr. Livingstone, I presume, lol.
Hope to hear from you, can we give our email out here, how do we get in actual contact other than in a forum? Hmm, I saw the commissioner email address, all separated so it can't be hacked. Mine is trickrun attt yahoo.com
Thanks,
Trick Runions (long story about that name, both names).
Greg Livingston

Re: Colorado Tartan Day 2016

Post by Greg Livingston »

One of our mods has reposted your note above to the Ancestral Search section. You will most likely see something appear there. All of our volunteer researchers mainly help get you started with information on where to look and some more in depth looking when a road block is hit. It is too bad we didn't meet last year at Estes, I have been there one way or another for the last 15 years, setting up a clan tent for the last 5. One of the best things to help in your research is the DNA project. If, as you indicate in your note, there is a male line down from William Livingston that would be the person to do the DNA test which will show which group of Livingston(e)s you would be part of.

If it is possible, please add what you have of your genealogy to the other thread which will help get things started.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA