Salt Lake Highland Games

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
Infiniterider

Salt Lake Highland Games

Post by Infiniterider »

I apologize for the stupid question, but here it goes anyway:

Every year, my family always attends the Salt Lake Highland Games. I've always been a little disappointed that Clan Livingstone is never represented, and I've considered the idea of setting up a clan tent, or at least, participating in the march of the clans. (This is the stupid question part) What do I need to do in order to "officially" represent Clan Livingstone at this event- at least, as far as the Clan Society is concerned? I have not yet joined the society, but plan to do so on payday, so that won't be an issue. Is there a Clan Livingstone society here in Utah? If so, does anyone know how to contact them? I'm really sorry to seem so clueless, but I am pretty new to all of this.

Thanks very much.
Greg Livingston

Re: Salt Lake Highland Games

Post by Greg Livingston »

You can contact either myself at commissioner "at" clanlivingtone.com or Suzanne at games "at" clanlivingstone.com for details. But, basically, join the society, let us know you want to set up the clan tent there. We can help you with how to get started and what is needed. If I did not already have things scheduled for that weekend, I would have been happy to come over and assist you with your first festival.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Infiniterider

Post by Infiniterider »

Greg,

Good to know- thank you very much.

I most likely won't be setting up a clan tent this year, as I don't have all the time and resources I would need to prepare it. I was thinking of next year, actually.

Thanks again,

Christian/infiniterider
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

Christian,

Not a problem. But, it is a good thing to start thinking about it now and, if you can, visit the festival this year to see what others are doing. That will give you ideas on how you want your tent to look when you have collected everything you want. Then start slow with just the basics and gradually add to it. I started with the tent, a table, some lawn chairs I had, a banner telling what clan, and a banner for the parade. Of course there was paperwork too when we can send you. Now, well, let's just say it is considerably more than that and can end up being 2+ tents.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA