Caledonian Society of Arizona

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Caledonian Society of Arizona

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi All,

In light of the fact that we have a couple of participants in our DNA Project descended from North Carolina Livingstons I should mention that there is the Grandfather Mountain Games in North Carolina. I know from the late Donald McInnes of Cumbernauld of the Clan McInnes Society that Clan McInnes was apparently represented there. Perhaps someday once we get better established as a Society and develop a membership base in North Carolina that would something our clan would be interested in. North Carolina was a destination for significant number of highland Argyllshire residents in the 1700's.

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Grandfather Mountain is a huge games event. We definitely will need to be represented there at some point, we just haven't had anyone come forward yet. But the moment they do, we'll be ready! (and by 'we' I mean the intrepid Greg, of course--but I will lend support! :lol: )

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

Grandfather Mountain is probably the largest, most important one on my list. Either there or Stone Mountain in GA. I will be posting a formal plea for volunteers by this weekend with the list which will have dates. I will also be posting individual requests as each of these gatherings aproach.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Greg Livingston

Donald,

It looks like their ears were burning. I just received an email from them giving me contact information on who to call.
The deadline is usually March 1 but we do accept some after that. You will need to call our office and speak with Frank or Francis. They will be able to give you the information that you need and provide with the forms. They should also be able to put you on the mailing list for the 2011 games.
I will be giving them a call for details tomorrow. I seem to remember hearing somewhere that both Grandfather Mountain and Stone Mountain were not exactly low priced. So, we will see what happens.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Greg,

It is truly like ESP. I was actually going through my info on Donald Livingston of Savary Morvern who was at the Battle of Culloden in preparation for the article I am writing for the Newsletter and came across some e-mails from the late Donald McInnes of Cumbernald former President I think it was of the Clan McInnes Society who did some research on Donald Livingston some years ago as Donald as he liked to point out was the son of an McInnis and his wife was also of the McInnis family apparently. ANyways to make a long story short he mentioned in passing that their Clan were creating a clan banner for the Grandfather Mountain event so I just thought I would check and see if you were familiar with that one. I really dont know much about these events and where they are held I must admit. Looks like good timing. We only have to my knowledge one Livingston and Parker with North Carolina Livingston connections. We have someone in the DNA project descended from Georgia Livingstons dont we?

regards,

Donald
Greg Livingston

Donald,

I don't know on that. I haven't yet joined the DNA project myself, was out of work for ten months and am just getting things going with the new job which is straight commission. Once everything is ramped back up to normal sales levels and commissions I'll be doing that.

I did talk with the woman at Grandfather Mountain and she is mailing me the info to set up a tent. Like I thought, the price is in the $250 range which is, as far as I know at this time, just to be there. :o

At this point, the only ones I know we will have tents at are the three here in Colorado. There are two or three others where we just might have a presence; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Portland, Oregon; Bend, Oregon.

Keeping my fingers crossed here.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

'We have someone in the DNA project descended from Georgia Livingstons dont we? "

Well... me too. Newly located Grandpa Donald went from Scotland to GA, married and had 4 children, one of which was my great-grandfather.... before migrating to Colorado.

That is probably no too helpful since I don't live in GA...and am doing the Oregon representation.
Ginger
Canadian Livingstone

Hi Ginger,

Yes something like that. Georgia and North Carolina as well.

regards,

Donald