Dr. David Livingstone

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.

Dr. David Livingstone

Postby Barry M » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:55 am

Looking for the family of Dr. David Livingstone. I have the wikipida info on the Dr. His parents are Neil Livingstone 1788 - 1856 and Agnes Hunter 1782 - 1865. In a couple of books I have read has the following,
Angus, Malcolm and George, three brothers from Argyleshire, the book references Angus as uncle of Dr. Livingstone.
Another book has the following: John Livingston was a native of Mull, Scotland and a relative of Dr. David Livingston of Africa fame.
What I am looking for would be a tree starting or containing Dr. Livingstones grandfather, the grandfathers children and their children.
I descend from John of Mull and possibly George of Argyleshire. He is said to have settled at Low Point Nova Scotia, and I can trace back to a John Livingstone and Anne Maghony from Low point. There is a possibility John (Low Point) might be George's son.
Any help would be appreciated.
Barry M

Return to General Discussion