Your Very Own Appin Regiment Figure

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

Your Very Own Appin Regiment Figure

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Thought some might be interested:

http://www.hobbybunker.com/details.cfm?ID=18143

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Your Very Own Appin Regiment Figure

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kyle,
You should inform the Baron about this. I have seen another one similar with three British grenadiers taking on a highland warrior circa 1745 I assume. When I went back later to the hobby shop however it was gone. It was unfortunately unpainted. I have one figurine from Scotland of a highland warrior from the 1745 period that was painted.

Looks like this particular series is unpainted. There is one painted for the advertisement only apparently. That might not actually be a bad thing because one could add a Livingstone tartan to the figurine. That is if one actually had the ability to paint tartan on a miniture. No easy task to paint I am sure though my nephew used to like to paint dungeons and dragons figurines. He got pretty good at it as I recall.

regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Re: Your Very Own Appin Regiment Figure

Post by Kyle MacLea »

I hadn't noticed it was unpainted.

By the way, you CAN hire people to paint miniatures for you. I don't even think the price is very high... If you need links to someone for a suggestion, I can find some for you from some friends of mine who have used such services in the past!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com