Scottish Summer School

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kaye Saunders

Scottish Summer School

Post by Kaye Saunders »

Just in case you live in the area, or are planning a holiday in Dunedin in January, or maybe you may even want to visit from foreign lands, the University of Otago is holding a Scottish Summer School over 4 days, running from 25-28 January 2011. (Don't forget summer is Dec/Jan/Feb in New Zealand :D ).

Firstly there is a course on Scottish Genealogy on the 25th and 26th, and then one on Scottish Clans on the 27th and 28th. I have enrolled in both, although I think I know most of what they will be telling us seeing I've heard most of the speakers before.

If you are interested in finding out more you can go to http://www.otago.ac.nz/courses/summersc ... 09678.html

(The one on clans has a section on linking to your clan in Dunedin and Otago - bet they don't know about us - maybe I'm wrong.)

Kaye
Kyle MacLea

Re: Scottish Summer School

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Kaye,

Please spread the word about us--and look for others who might be related--would love to hear more.

Wish I was there, I want to visit your country very much--and the workshop would be wonderful, also, I'm sure!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com