An Account of the Name of McLea

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
D.W.Livingston

An Account of the Name of McLea

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Hello Everyone,

Ok, So I was looking around the web for books and articles of old because of the upcoming Highland Games and Kyle's reference to the "Stewarts of Appin".

I came across Kyle's website http://kitenet.net/~kyle/family/wiki/ne ... aclea.html about the Complete Account of MacLea, and I was wondering if there was much research in the names and places that Mr. Duncan McLea, Minister of Dull wrote about in 1806. First it appears that a lot of names have come from MacLea (ie. McCloo, McPhetie, McKenzies)

Also for time lines I wonder what years roughly can we put to such things as:
And they having both met and fought the battle of Altchoinachan in Glenlivet in the head of Banffshire where the then Argyle was defeat, and the Marquis of huntly went immediately after the Battle to King James the Sixth, the then King of Scotland, and got a remission form him.. .
... that Barron's Brother, Donald McLea , being drowned at sea, he left two sons Archibald and Donald McLea,...
...And both these sons grew up to man's age; Archibald the eldest settled in Campbelltown of Kyntyre, and Duncan the youngest settled in Rothsay in the Isle of Bute.
Now the battle happened around 3 October 1594 and the notes were done in 1806. I was just thinking about how we can expand all the great details into more solid information... Just curiosity on my part, great read though, thanks Kyle for keeping it safe for everyone.
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States